Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

Default Frankie Edgar's underground pro MMA debut (video)

Video has surfaced of future UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar’s July 2005 pro MMA debut against Eric Uresk at an unsanctioned event in the Bronx. (via BloodyElbow)
    http://www.sherdog.com/blog/Video-Fr...MA-Debut-48897

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There was an article saying that there is a lot of these in the NYC area due to mma not being sanctioned here. I wonder would it being sanctioned really cut down on these shady spots, isnt the appeal to a lot of these places to just cash in on dudes beating the **** out of each other for nothing but a meal
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also just found out where this spot was and it has since been closed down. It was in a pretty ****ty area here in the bronx, though most of the bronx is ****

edit:

when the hell did tallica move to NY?
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Frankie was getting the worse end of that fight for a lot of that one. A very Frankie fight.

Can someone explain to me how it can be both an unsanctioned fight, and a pro fight?

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Frankie was getting the worse end of that fight for a lot of that one. A very Frankie fight.

Can someone explain to me how it can be both an unsanctioned fight, and a pro fight?
    In a general sense, I think you could argue a professional fighter is someone who fights for money (it's their profession), which might have been the case here. Plenty of guys have fought (and continue to fight) on Indian reservations where there is no sanctioning body, which arguably is just one small step above this sort of competition. You could also argue it's a "pro" fight because it appears to be contested under professional rules, i.e. without headgear and shinguards.

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post

Same as most of mine. They pay the fighters = pro fight. Even if its unsanctioned and unlicensed. Frankie's fight looked a lot like mine when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    when the hell did tallica move to NY?
    I didn't, but my alter ego "Little Mod" is born and raised in the Bronx BTW, why the hell isn't Frankie Edgar's nickname "Little Mac"?

Bwhahahahahaha Best80s is no known as "Lil Mod"

Frankie shot down the "Lil Mac" nickname awhile back. I remember it was brought up and he did an interview where he was all like "fvck that, I'm not lil mac"