Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Who deserves to be in the baseball HoF in 2013?

Voters
4. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Sammy Sosa

0 0%
  • Roger Clemens

1 25.00%
  • Barry Bonds

1 25.00%
  • None of 'em.

1 25.00%
  • Either Biggio, Morris, Bagwell or Piazza

3 75.00%
  • Pete Rose (the equivalent to Leben)

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did any MLB vets deserve a hall of fame nod?

Nobody is going into the Baseball Hall of Fame this year, not Roger Clemens, not Barry Bonds, not Sammy Sosa. Their numbers justify it, for sure, but their careers have been tainted by drug-use scandals. Mark McGuire was still on the ballot, but finished way down the list.

Do you think the voters for Cooperstown did the right thing?

Here's this year's candidates. 75% is needed to be inducted into the HoF.

Craig Biggio 388 68.2
    Jack Morris 385 67.7
    Jeff Bagwell 339 59.6
    Mike Piazza 329 57.8
    Tim Raines 297 52.2
    Lee Smith 272 47.8
    Curt Schilling 221 38.8
    Roger Clemens 214 37.6
    Barry Bonds 206 36.2
    Edgar Martinez 204 35.9
    Alan Trammell 191 33.6
    Larry Walker 123 21.6
    Fred McGriff 118 20.7
    Dale Murphy 106 18.6
    Mark McGwire 96 16.9
    Don Mattingly 75 13.2
    Sammy Sosa 71 12.5
    Rafael Palmeiro 50 8.8

Roger totally ****ed here.To finish this low shows what a bunch of bitches the HOF commission is.And I hate the Red Sox.Mike Piazza?Gimme a break,no way

I've had a Clemens rookie card since I was just a wee lad. Thought it was be worth big money someday. Totally bought into the sports cards will make me rich mentality when I was young, and they would have, if they were from 50 years earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Roger totally ****ed here.To finish this low shows what a bunch of bitches the HOF commission is.And I hate the Red Sox.Mike Piazza?Gimme a break,no way
    Mike Piazza, what?? He shouldn't have made it? What a stupid comment. If you have no problem with Roger going, then you sure as hell have no reasons against Piazza.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Mike Piazza, what?? He shouldn't have made it? What a stupid comment. If you have no problem with Roger going, then you sure as hell have no reasons against Piazza.
    Hell, they should have the two of them stand out front of the HoF with a ball and bat and let them battle for a spot. Roger could nail him with a fastball. Piazza could respond by throwing his bat and then fisticuffs could ensue...

Comparing a catcher who never won an MVP to a 300 game 7 time Cy Young winner might be the worst comparison I've ever heard.

The comparison had to do with steroids. You seem to think Roger is getting a bad deal. So if you think the steroids is meaningless for Roger, than it should be meaningless for Piazza. Other than that, its stupid to say Mike Piazza isn't a Hall of Famer.

When did I say anything about steroids?A 300 game winner should be a first ballot induction.Their waiting game of having to be on a ballot X amount of times is 1 problem and his low level of votes is crazy.Who cares if the guy is a dick,the politics is hore****.Piazza had a great bat,but his defense and silly putty arm are no HOF,unless its simply just he's a cool guy

I know you don't give a rats about the steroids, I was pointing out the only reason worth keeping Piazza out would be that issue. Since as in Clemens, steroids for you isn't an issue, its foolish to say Piazza isn't a first ballot Hall of Famer.

You're being silly.ive never said steroids weren't an issue,but why are people presumed guilty because dirt bags tried to save their own asses or sell books by saying here's my incentive laden recollection.
    A 1st ballot hall of famer is 300 wins,500 hrs or 3000 hits.Mike can't even sniff those numbers.