Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

in my opinion, it's Patience

second for me is Paradise city

third is November Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Never cared for them and considered them a halfass copyband of early Aerosmith. Izzy was probably the heart of the band much like Brad Whitford but the jackasses got all the attention. The only band mire over rated than guns was metallica.

Sorry to be such a hater but to me they were just retreads of the great bands from a decade before. did they rock? Yes. Did they have some good songs? Yes. They just werent that great to me, Id rather go back and hear original Aerosmith, Nazereth, and the like.
    Here's your Aerosmith Cbear.

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Never cared for them and considered them a halfass copyband of early Aerosmith. Izzy was probably the heart of the band much like Brad Whitford but the jackasses got all the attention. The only band mire over rated than guns was metallica.

Sorry to be such a hater but to me they were just retreads of the great bands from a decade before. did they rock? Yes. Did they have some good songs? Yes. They just werent that great to me, Id rather go back and hear original Aerosmith, Nazereth, and the like.
    While I've never been a big G&R fan, I disagree with your assessment. With the exception of November Rain (G&R at their bloated self-indulgent worst) the songs people are posting remind me how good a band they were. G&R had their own unique sound. I don't hear the Aerosmith comparison at all. And while guitar snobs slag Slash he was/is an excellent lead guitarist. There are some world-class riffs in those old G&R songs.

As for Metallica being overrated... While they certainly suck now, their first four albums were anything but overrated. And 4 to 6 great albums is about all most great bands ever release. How many great albums did Aerosmith release before churning out an endless assortment of lame power ballads? 4 maybe 5?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

True story about November Rain.

I once fell asleep on my couch while the video was playing on MTV (probably dating myself here). When I woke up, the video was playing again and I totally had one of those moments where I thought time had either stopped while I was sleeping, or the video was actually 4 hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by WEREWOLF View Post
    While I've never been a big G&R fan, I disagree with your assessment. With the exception of November Rain (G&R at their bloated self-indulgent worst) the songs people are posting remind me how good a band they were. G&R had their own unique sound. I don't hear the Aerosmith comparison at all. And while guitar snobs slag Slash he was/is an excellent lead guitarist. There are some world-class riffs in those old G&R songs.

As for Metallica being overrated... While they certainly suck now, their first four albums were anything but overrated. And 4 to 6 great albums is about all most great bands ever release. How many great albums did Aerosmith release before churning out an endless assortment of lame power ballads? 4 maybe 5?
    Right on the money. Old Aerosmith music is no better than old G'N'R. There's a prime followed by a decline for all.

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Whose the Betty in your sig, Skinny?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WEREWOLF View Post
    Whose the Betty in your sig, Skinny?
    Jayne Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Here's your Aerosmith Cbear.

THats absolute garbage which G n R also had plenty of. Aerosmith were at their peak in their drug fueled early days with Mama Kin, Dream On, Toys in the Attic, Last Child, Draw the Line.

Aerosmith and Nazareth did it much better than G n R. g n r's entire catalog isnt as good as this one song, Hair of the Dog by Scotlands greatest rock band, Nazareth. This is from an 81 show Im pretty sure I attended. The only man on Earth who can give Dan a run for his money as a the whiskey scortched vocalist is John Fogerty with Brian Johnson a bit behind.

Repent Ash, repent!

THats absolute garbage which G n R also had plenty of. Aerosmith were at their peak in their drug fueled early days with Mama Kin, Dream On, Toys in the Attic, Last Child, Draw the Line.

Aerosmith and Nazareth did it much better than G n R. g n r's entire catalog isnt as good as this one song, Hair of the Dog by Scotlands greatest rock band, Nazareth. This is from an 81 show Im pretty sure I attended. The only man on Earth who can give Dan a run for his money as a the whiskey scortched vocalist is John Fogerty with Brian Johnson a bit behind.

Needs more cowbell.

Naz was a great band with a few great songs.

But G'N'R' took it to another level. Here they are live at the Ritz. This is raunchy sex, drugs, and rock and roll at it's finest:

Axl is so irritating. I just want to smack him everytime he does that sideways dance. His voice always sounded whiney to me. Slash and Izzy were ok.

Repent Ash, repent!