Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    I hope Christoph Waltz wins best supporting actor, too.

BTW, has anyone seen Silver Linings Playbook? I remember seeing the previews before a movie and thought it looked awful (just another typical romantic comedy)...and then the reviews on RT came out and everyone seems to be glowing about it and it's still sitting at 90% approval.

We will probably watch Lincoln and/or Zero Dark Thirty this weekend (thanks screeners!)
    Christoph Waltz better win best supporting actor. He carried a good portion of Django Unchained and was the highlight of that movie before Leo's character came in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    Christoph Waltz better win best supporting actor. He carried a good portion of Django Unchained and was the highlight of that movie before Leo's character came in.
    Leo did well too. I used to hate Leo Di Caprio but now if he's in a movie I see it as a sign of quality. He's done a ton of great movies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JC-Freakhead View Post
    "In the early 1970s, Sixto Rodriguez was a Detroit folksinger who had a short-lived recording career with only two well received but non-selling albums. Unknown to Rodriguez, his musical story continued in South Africa where he became a pop music icon and inspiration for generations. Long rumored there to be dead by suicide, a few fans in the 1990s decided to seek out the truth of their hero's fate. What follows is a bizarrely heartening story in which they found far more in their quest than they ever hoped, while a Detroit construction laborer discovered that his lost artistic dreams came true after all."
    I have a client named Sixto who is a bounty hunter....no relation =]

Quote Originally Posted by JC-Freakhead View Post
    Swedish film Searching for Sugarman nominated for best documentary. Has anybody seen it?
    Shammy reviewed it.

http://www.mmafighting.net/forum/sho...earching+sugar
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

I got all these screeners and have yet to watch any of them

Silver Linings Playbook and Les Miserables screeners just went up too, so add those to the list

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    I got all these screeners and have yet to watch any of them

Silver Linings Playbook and Les Miserables screeners just went up too, so add those to the list
    We watched Silver Linings Playbook today. Ugh. I want the past two hours of my life back.

I will admit that Bradly and Jennifer did an alright job acting in it, but the way the reviews kept pouring in, and a 90% approval rating, I really thought it was going to be something more than what I saw on the previews.

It was not. It was predictable.

I put Lincoln in the same category as The Kings Speech. Good movie, but not the most entertaining. Oscars love these types of period pieces and with Spielberg behind it I'm guessing it'll clean up. Too bad cuz Django has my vote.

I tried SO HARD to enjoy Lincoln but it was like being stuck in the waiting room at the dentist for 3 hours with only medical journals to read. I acknowledge the impressive job done by all parties involved but it bored me to tears.

The kid who played Lucas in The Impossible should be nominated for Supporting Actor.