Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    True story and a bit of a coincidence. I listen to the local rock station when I'm in my shop. Strangely enough this afternoon the DJ was talking about Nirvana and how he didn't like anything they did back when they first exploded onto the scene. Years later after Kurt killed himself he said he revisited Nirvana's music and developed a whole new appreciation for their work. It's possible. Maybe it'll grow on you someday, maybe not.

As for the droning, well if you understood the vibe of the day it was perfect for the generation that was into it. I wasn't a stoner then (or now) and I thought they were awesome. Still think that way about their music. It's suited for a certain frame of mind. When I'm in the mood Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and Pearl Jam (among others) are what I listen to. When I'm not feeling the Grunge then I ain't listening to it. Simple.

I've never liked them and chances are I never will. I've never understood the appeal for that genre of music. While I don't like classical or opera, I can understand the appeal to it. Same way I can understand why people enjoy country music. But "grunge"? I... don't understand why people like it. At all. Much like rap for that matter. But we're talking about music so rap doesn't count.

A better comparison I guess would be Kubrick and A Clockwork Orange. I think it's one of the worst movies ever made and complete garbage but a lot of people seem to worship it for being some godly marvel. I have no idea why.

My dislike for the beatles is probably because I'm from Liverpool and grew up with them so they're just a normal unlikable band for me. Give me some Queen and Meatloaf and I'll be happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I've never liked them and chances are I never will. I've never understood the appeal for that genre of music. While I don't like classical or opera, I can understand the appeal to it. Same way I can understand why people enjoy country music. But "grunge"? I... don't understand why people like it. At all. Much like rap for that matter. But we're talking about music so rap doesn't count.

A better comparison I guess would be Kubrick and A Clockwork Orange. I think it's one of the worst movies ever made and complete garbage but a lot of people seem to worship it for being some godly marvel. I have no idea why.

My dislike for the beatles is probably because I'm from Liverpool and grew up with them so they're just a normal unlikable band for me. Give me some Queen and Meatloaf and I'll be happy.
    I've never been a Beatles fan either. Prefer old Rolling Stones anyday. Nonetheless, I thought old Paul rocked out on SNL that night. Meh, each to their own.

Speaking of McCartney, I want to see his show pretty badly.
    I really enjoy the Beatles, and until I saw his setlist recently, I had no idea how many of his/Wings songs I loved.

I heard his show is awesome and a lot of fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Speaking of McCartney, I want to see his show pretty badly.
    I really enjoy the Beatles, and until I saw his setlist recently, I had no idea how many of his/Wings songs I loved.

I heard his show is awesome and a lot of fun.
    Oh Jesus ****.
    Who did you lose a bet with and who on? Haha.