5 14.71%
  • middle

11 32.35%
  • down

11 32.35%
  • RIP Strikeforce

7 20.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Didn't watch the show and not sure of the details, but does Saffiedine get to join the ranks of UFC now? Is he worthy?

I checked out his record and he's 14-3 with the win over Marquardt being the most notable, by far. He's also beaten Scott Smith. Four wins in a row since a U.D. loss to Tyron Woodley.

Does anyone see him as having a chance against gatekeepers like Matt Brown, Patrick Cote or even Amir Sadollah?

Thumbs up solely for watching Nate get his legs amputated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Didn't watch the show and not sure of the details, but does Saffiedine get to join the ranks of UFC now? Is he worthy?

I checked out his record and he's 14-3 with the win over Marquardt being the most notable, by far. He's also beaten Scott Smith. Four wins in a row since a U.D. loss to Tyron Woodley.

Does anyone see him as having a chance against gatekeepers like Matt Brown, Patrick Cote or even Amir Sadollah?
    I think Saffiedine is definitely a guy who can hold onto a UFC roster spot for the foreseeable future. The guys at the very top will still beat him, but he can play spoiler with his style. He has a pretty tough style to deal with for most guys. Solid TDD, very good striking and gets better as the fight goes on. I think he's a more polished Matt Brown at this point and still visibly improving each fight out. I could see him finding a nice spot as a top 8-15 guy and staying there for a long time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    I think Saffiedine is definitely a guy who can hold onto a UFC roster spot for the foreseeable future. The guys at the very top will still beat him, but he can play spoiler with his style. He has a pretty tough style to deal with for most guys. Solid TDD, very good striking and gets better as the fight goes on. I think he's a more polished Matt Brown at this point and still visibly improving each fight out. I could see him finding a nice spot as a top 8-15 guy and staying there for a long time.
    Plus that was a definitive win over Nate, not a squeeker. Ufc will get him relatively cheap and he can do pretty well against guys other than the top of the rankings. Or he could go to bellator and possibly rule. He is the kind of guy bjorn will go after.

Nates future is very cloudy with this loss and I could see Joe Silva taking a pass and telling him go get a string of wins on the indy circuit and then lets talk. More likely bellator picks him up like they did babalu to give them some name value for spike tv.

Repent Ash, repent!

Solely based on this show does ufc hire anyone other than jacare and tarec? I want to see barnett/muur but this show didnt help him.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Plus that was a definitive win over Nate, not a squeeker. Ufc will get him relatively cheap and he can do pretty well against guys other than the top of the rankings. Or he could go to bellator and possibly rule. He is the kind of guy bjorn will go after.

Nates future is very cloudy with this loss and I could see Joe Silva taking a pass and telling him go get a string of wins on the indy circuit and then lets talk. More likely bellator picks him up like they did babalu to give them some name value for spike tv.
    Based on some things said by the fighters and promoters, I get the feeling that a lot of the fighters already signed Zuffa deals, Nate being one of them. Dana has said in the past month that Nate would be back with the UFC, and guys like DC are already talking like they have signed. I wonder if Nate isn't already inked to a UFC deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    Based on some things said by the fighters and promoters, I get the feeling that a lot of the fighters already signed Zuffa deals, Nate being one of them. Dana has said in the past month that Nate would be back with the UFC, and guys like DC are already talking like they have signed. I wonder if Nate isn't already inked to a UFC deal.
    I was thinking that might be the case and if so dana might regret jumping so quickly. Barnett sure wasnt signed so I dont know who got cherry picked.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Solely based on this show does ufc hire anyone other than jacare and tarec? I want to see barnett/muur but this show didnt help him.
    I think there are a lot of guys that come over or are at least offered a UFC contract. I think you'll see Couture, Noons (possibly), Healy, Nate, Tarec, DC, Barnett (possibly, hopefully), Gracie (I could see Bellator offering more for the name), Herman will still be around, Jacare for sure, Kennedy, and I think Mousassi as well. This is just guys from tonight. Obviously Josh Thompson, Gil, Rockhold and others will be coming as well.

Honestly, I hope all of those names come over. Some may not be great, and may not ever challenge for a belt, but they are all better than current people holding a roster spot in the UFC and could fill out the divisions nicely by raising the overall talent level.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post

Marquardt was being mentioned as an opponent for George before Tarec made him look real bad on TV.

I think you have to let this guy get a shot in the UFC now. They are giving Caros Fodor a fight. Tarec is much more nameworthy at this point than he is. I'd say Tarec has a shot against all those guys you've mentioned as well. He's proven to have some good TD defense and his striking is very good. He does seem a little undersized to me though. I'm not sure if he could make it to 155 or not. He could be very dangerous at that weight.

Being from Belgium that's another guy you can put on any European card they have lined up and it would make for a pretty good fit.

Also after Dana tweeting about how devastating Tarec's leg kicks were you have to assume he now knows who Saffeidine is.
    Last edited by Buckery; 01-13-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Thumps up. Better than many UFC PPVs.
    What doesn't kill you only makes you weaker and kills you later.