• middle

11 32.35%
  • down

11 32.35%
  • RIP Strikeforce

7 20.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Dc

D.C. has already signed a fight contract with UFC.... Think its a 4 fight deal. There was an article a couple weeks ago, I believe they announced that when he was doing the commentary thing for the JDS vs CAIN 2 fight.

I think All champs already signed new ufc agreements and gurgel said it was pretty much a must win to get a ufc contract. Those who lost were out.... But im sure guys that put on a good show will still get signed like noons....

I think u could put tarec in there with erick silva, mousasi with glover/rampage winner, jacare with munoz or even lombard/okami winner, barnett/Big country... Im ready

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Way down.

Worst. Judges. Ever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Didn't watch the show and not sure of the details, but does Saffiedine get to join the ranks of UFC now? Is he worthy?

I checked out his record and he's 14-3 with the win over Marquardt being the most notable, by far. He's also beaten Scott Smith. Four wins in a row since a U.D. loss to Tyron Woodley.

Does anyone see him as having a chance against gatekeepers like Matt Brown, Patrick Cote or even Amir Sadollah?
    He is Strikeforce's version of Martin Kampmann , good at everything great at nothing, normally wins on points by using distance

This was pretty much what almost every SF card has been like: a bunch of worthless fights (worthless in the sense that the outcome really has very little meaning) where one guy is horribly overmatched. I also had to laugh every time they mentioned Cormier as the winner of the HW tourney. Many of us saw that as being a complete joke from Day 1 and it did not fail to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    This was pretty much what almost every SF card has been like: a bunch of worthless fights (worthless in the sense that the outcome really has very little meaning) where one guy is horribly overmatched. I also had to laugh every time they mentioned Cormier as the winner of the HW tourney. Many of us saw that as being a complete joke from Day 1 and it did not fail to disappoint.
    Not only did I say that it was a complete joke - but I actually picked Cormier to win the entire thing! (keep in mind, I picked him because 1) he wasn't originally in the tournament to begin with, and 2) I figured the "finals" would end up being two fighters who were never in the tournament)

thumbs down for no gurgel on the main card

Quote Originally Posted by ante_up81 View Post
    I think All champs already signed new ufc agreements and gurgel said it was pretty much a must win to get a ufc contract. Those who lost were out.... But im sure guys that put on a good show will still get signed like noons....

I think u could put tarec in there with erick silva, mousasi with glover/rampage winner, jacare with munoz or even lombard/okami winner, barnett/Big country... Im ready

Holobaugh was basically a UFC guy taking a SF fight on short notice. He has a UFC contract according to his brother

Ed Herman is the guy that has to be on the fence now. Jacare put such a beating on him. Ryan Couture can sure take a beating, I'd like to see him face a decent opponent like Mark Bocek to gauge his progression as a fighter. Another note, Pat Healy really didn't look that good in victory, he'd need a higher calibre opponent to measure his value. I'd book him in a fight against someone like Mike Ricci or Sam Stout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Ed Herman is the guy that has to be on the fence now. Jacare put such a beating on him. Ryan Couture can sure take a beating, I'd like to see him face a decent opponent like Mark Bocek to gauge his progression as a fighter. Another note, Pat Healy really didn't look that good in victory, he'd need a higher calibre opponent to measure his value. I'd book him in a fight against someone like Mike Ricci or Sam Stout.
    Really confusing post.

Herman has always been an eh guy

Ryan Couture showed he is more of a prospect putting him up against Boceck early own could Josh Grispi him. Myles Jury, Danny Castillo and Michael Johnson always stay relevant but never go anywhere - why not match him with them.

As for the bad logic that Ricci and Stout who both have struggled w/ wrestlers would test an Healy is a miscue. Healy would be great fun against Jim Miller, but another fun fight would be Ebersole if he cuts to 155