Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Who wins? (multiple votes allowed)

Voters
14. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Chandler > Hawn

11 78.57%
  • Chandler < Hawn

3 21.43%
  • Babalu > Zayats

11 78.57%
  • Babalu < Zayats

3 21.43%
  • Curran > Pitbull

9 64.29%
  • Curran < Pitbull

5 35.71%
  • Cleber > Mario

5 35.71%
  • Cleber < Mario

7 50.00%
  • Noe > Seth

4 28.57%
  • Noe < Seth

8 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Silverback can't defend himself. That ought to be the end.

I didn't even know Petruzelli was fighting still... I turned of fthe TV already. Oh well.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I didn't even know Petruzelli was fighting still... I turned of fthe TV already. Oh well.
    The problem is the match order. Seriously weird.

Bellator usually has a match scheduled following the main event but it isn't usually televised.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Bellator usually has a match scheduled following the main event but it isn't usually televised.
    That's all kinds of silly.

Rather than just show reruns of earlier fights to fill tv time, they keep a live fight on tap.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    So, no real mentions/discussion of Alvarez
    Actually they did mention Alvarez during the Curran fight, how Curran wasn't sharp and lost to him.

As far as the show, ehh it was Bellator, nothing different then whats been on M2 the last few years. As far as the Seth fight being after the main event, absolutley stupid. I turned off after Chandler fight didn't see it. And to have the other opening round of your LHW tourney to be not televised terrible. To build your product as "The toughest tournament in sports" and to potentially have two opening fights not seen by your audience, WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Bellator puts on consistantly entertaining shows. Not near the hyperbole and wackiness of Rogan/UFC, its much more even keel and sports-like. Calm, intelligent announcing is the norm by Jimmy Whatshisname. I like the round cage better than the octagon. Production was good even in low def on mtv2 and looks fine on Spike. I like the tourney format as it makes Bellator different. Will be interesting to see what affect positive or negative Spike has on Bellator; hopefully positive.
    I didn't care too much for Bellator's first show on Spike. I like the UFC's production better. My main problem with Bellator is a few things. First, I don't like the fact that after every title match they interviewed Bjorn. Why? All he said was the same thing everytime like, "This guy is really special and that's why he's on top." or something to that effect. Secondly, as a first time viewer I found myself sitting there not really rooting for a particular person or vested in any one fighter, and Askren is not going to help that next week. Finally, I hate and I repeat HATE their time slot. I live on the east coast and work in the mornings. Ten to midnight is horrible for a weekday.

That being said, the fights were okay. Curran has a sick jab and great TDD. It's just too bad he rarely attacks. Pitbull is okay, wicked power, not much else for a guy who is 5'5". Chandler is good as well, but why the hell would you make the last fight of the night (that I saw) a Petruzelli fight? Also, as a fan who came into MMA late I feel like I am missing something about Babalu? How great was he back in the day and what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by HugeMMAFan View Post
    The problem is the match order. Seriously weird.
    If prelims run long and are in danger of going into the televised show, sometimes they will move one to the end, or if an early televised fight runs long, ala the first fight going all 5 rounds they will move one to the end

I missed the main card - but the prelims get a thumbs up from me.