Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just Brian View Post
    Intent plays a role in this comparision...I suspect that deaths resulting from the use of tabacco and alcohol would not be classified as intentional. On the other hand many / most deaths resulting from the use of guns could be classified as intentional.

    And I don't accept the premise that "The fact is that a death is a death."
    well half of gun deaths are suicides

    assault weapons have been used for 385 deaths since the ban was lifted.

    the 50 caliber barret? 4. ever.
    Last edited by 19nate79; 01-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Now this is the argument I don't buy. It's the conspiracy theory. The big, bad government is going to take away all our rights as gun owners.

    Nope. Ain't gonna happen.

    This is a question of redrawing lines. The president is proposing to make assault rifles illegal for the general public. Polls show an appetite for this. Obama has the support of the majority to act on that point.

    It does not mean the government, or the public, will then ban shotguns or pistols. There would be too much outrage over this, so it won't happen (and, no, the storm troopers aren't going come to your house in the middle of the night and seize your weapons).

    This is a matter of redefining what's reasonable for American citizens to be carting around. Most people don't want assault rifles in their neighborhood. There's that oft-cited counter-argument, why shouldn't you be allowed to carry around a rocket launcher? Fine, fine, you're not planning to kill anyone with it, you just like going out on weekends and demolishing brick walls of abandoned buildings. So why not allow rocket launchers on the streets?

    As for cigarettes, same logic applies. The government says no more smoking in restaurants. Many smokers reacted to that with, "The next thing you know we won't be allowed to smoke in our own homes." Still waiting for that to happen, other than in one small municipality in California a few years ago...

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-4761130.html
    you can buy a tank if you want to.

    as to the other weapon you cite, you just need a class 3 license
    http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Class-3-Firearms-License
    Last edited by 19nate79; 01-13-2013 at 12:08 PM.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    tell you what, i'll get one this year and report back. don't know what i'd do with any of that **** but i'll be allowed to buy anything my little rambo heart can think of. suck it.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clamcakes View Post
    Another ####ing gun thread?
    Guns keep MMAf.net alive!

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    Guns keep MMAf.net alive!
    This thread's throat was cut 5 posts ago: http://www.mmafighting.net/forum/sho...855#post954855

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    The point in this thread is what causes more deaths? If death is so terrible then shouldnt you go after the biggest unnatural causes first?
    Excellent point because we have done nothing over the past 20 years to curb smoking and drunk driving.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    maybe being a fat fatty fat ass should be banned first. WAY more deaths from that. more deaths than we currently count imo, since we don't count kidney or liver failure as a fat ass related death.

    let's use those stats though and see how worried i should really be of guns.
    round up to 12000 deaths,
    divide that by 200 million guns (really 300)....
    now let's say that each of those deaths was from a ten person firing squad
    i get .06%

    if i were to look at only rifles that number would be laughably low, given the fbi report.
    assault rifles aren't even on the radar.
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8


    here's an article on switzerland:
    http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the...re-that-works/

    ^^^that seems to work. not sure about limiting how many guns you can have.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    holy **** 700+ deaths from being punched kicked etc...
    more than rifles and shotguns combined

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Hello there. We do not have a smoking or alcohol ban "in the works", just like we do not have a gun ban "in the works". What we do have is serious restriction and regulation on smoking and alcohol.
    true but shooting while in your car is already banned, and there is no shooting or noshooting section at bob evans either. those bases are covered.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    This thread's throat was cut 5 posts ago: http://www.mmafighting.net/forum/sho...855#post954855
    Have you noticed that no one gives a fvck what you say? Just checkin....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •