Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
    Is there another besides the McQueen one? You should definitely check out Midnight Express before you decide to smuggle any drugs out of Turkey
    The one I thought would be another was mistaken for something else, sorry

Not really prison related, but films about being locked up that also came to mind were Cube and the Korean film Oldboy that are both worth watching anyhow.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Obviously, Stir Crazy is the greatest prison movie of all time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by 19nate79
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ...i could go to a down syndrome site and laugh for days.

Papillion starring Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman.

Last edited by Cbear; 01-16-2013 at 09:54 AM.

great choices so far, I'd throw in Bridge Over the River Kwai or any of the other great POW escape movies ( Wooden Horse, Colditz, The one that got away)

Midnight Express is the first movie where I remember thinking while watching it "The world is a phucked up place yo". Also that chicks boobies.
    "The power of the people is much stronger than the people in power"

My favorites have already been listed..

Ill throw out there Conviction with Jackie and Sam Rockwell. Not one of the best, or my favorites.. But i thought it was damn good

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearExorcist View Post
    Cool, actually didn't know he wrote that one. What was his house like?
    Here's a pic a snapped.

Easily this:

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearExorcist View Post
    Always liked Ghosts...Of the Civil Dead as well, done by John Hillcoat in 1988. I guess it wasn't widely known though
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095217/
    I had no idea Hillcoat had any pre-The Proposition full length flicks. Will definitely check that out, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I watched it back in the day, and remember the hype that it was incredible, but I don't remember at all how I felt about the movie.
    I always felt it was trying way too hard. The big dumb Magical Negro who's nothing but pure and good and self sacrificing, the evil crazy white trash who's as evil and crazy as he can be, the humble but strong every-man who's just doing his job, the wheedling son-of-the-boss who loves abusing his power but gets his comeuppance...

There's nothing wrong with having some characters that are stock stereotypes, but this movie is ALL stock stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    Easily this:

Duuude.. I was meaning to see that when it came out and completely forgot. Good heads up, checking that out this week..

I think Felon was a good, entertaining flick. If I can be a little nationalistic then 'R' is a very good Danish prison movie. I've wanted to see Un prophète for a long time I just haven't gotten around to either buy or dl it.