Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cormier's? Pretty damn good from what I've heard - but it's definitely untested.

I don't think this fight ever hits the mat. I think Cormier clips Mir, clinches, knocks Mir down, and finishes up as Mir is turtling.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Cormier's? Pretty damn good from what I've heard - but it's definitely untested.

I don't think this fight ever hits the mat. I think Cormier clips Mir, clinches, knocks Mir down, and finishes up as Mir is turtling.
    Frank Mir has a pretty significant size advantage both in weight and height. Could he force Cormier up against the fence and hold him there kinda like against Cro Cop or maybe try knees and takedowns like against Nelson?
    I have a hard time seeing how else he's gonna win, he might clip Cormier but I doubt it. He can throw some pretty good kicks but I don't know if he's fast enough to land them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, Frank's a HW - so the possibility that he clips Cormier and ends it is always there. Not likely, but there's always that chance with ANY fighter (including someone like Staring) and Mir's chance would be better than most.

That said, it's not gonna happen imo. Mir may have a size advantage, but Cormier is no CroCop in the clinch. He won't get bullied around by Mir, especially with not how good Cormier's clinch wrestling is. Also, I can't see Mir taking Cormier down.

Getting space in the clinch and landing a big knee or an uppercut is plausible though, as is Mir finding a way to tag Cormier on his feet. Unlikely, but plausible. I'd say Cormier is a 90-95% to win this fight.

thats prolly the best bet... but cormier likes to drag guys down and gnp them too, minus the bigfoot fight, he's done it in every other fight... like spasgur says, mir could draw this fight out too... and use against the cage clinch work too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I

You wanna take Mir over Cormier?

One month sig only - since you don't want a dildo in your Onion

I swear, I'll truly bring the wrath on you if you bet against Cormier again.
    Ha, I was only kidding on this one, even though Mir has a better chance than Staring did.

Eh, that's debatable. Mir is definitely not even close to as durable as Staring is.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Mir has the better chance just because he has more power than Staring and better standup. If Mir can land a shot - he can end it against just about anyone.

That said, I don't think he comes close to landing anything significant against Cormier. And I don't think the cage humping would work well either - Cormier is the better clinch wrestler out of the two and has better leverage imo.

I don't see Mir getting a sub without rocking Cormier first.

DC by steamroll, surprised Mir's camp wants to take this fight. Wonder what they are thinking their path to victory is.

Mir is really good, but there are several fighters that I can't imagine him beating, and Daniel Cormier is one of them.

The issue, as Ash mentioned, could be Mir's durability. He's stellar on the ground and has shown great stand-up at times, but when he gets tagged he loses the ability to fight intelligently.

There's also the fact that Mir generally relies on trips and throws from the clinch to get his opponent to the mat, rather than shooting in from the outside. I think this is why he struggled so badly against Dos Santos - he couldn't close the distance. However, he should be able to clinch with Cormier, who, though extremely strong, could fall prey to a slick trip and wind up in some kind of joint lock. Unlikely, but possible.

Sig bet?