Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Joe Schmo Show

I just turned it on Spike and there's a new Joe Schmo Show on. At least new to me. I watched the original season several years ago.

Anybody watching this?

I have the first to eps recorded, ad tonight's is recording as well.

I watched the original seasons, and will check this season out, even though it looks like ****.

I still think about the soundbite from the first season from that Stephan Bonner looking guy..."Whaaaat is going ooon?!?!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is going onnnnnnnnnnnnn?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I have the first to eps recorded, ad tonight's is recording as well.

I watched the original seasons, and will check this season out, even though it looks like ****.

I still think about the soundbite from the first season from that Stephan Bonner looking guy..."Whaaaat is going ooon?!?!"
    That first season rocked. Matt just seemed like such a decent guy.

The original season was great. There was also a second season which ended up being fun when one of the contestants (there was a man and a woman for season two) figured out what was going on about halfway into the season. The producers had to decide whether to send her home or try to bring her onboard. Eventually she joined the cast of actors and played along.

I had the original season on DVD from when it was released, but could never find a copy of season two. One day a couple of years ago I just happened to see one at Target for $5! Sold!

I've got the new episodes recorded, but haven't seen them yet. Is it the same premise?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, same premise (normal dude on a fake reality show). They even brought back Ralph Garmin as host which is a nice touch. He looks hilarious as a fake Dog the bounty hunter. The new season is good, although I was worried at first as the premise for the fake reality show didn't seem too interesting at first. But, no need to worry. Funny enough, Lorenzo Lamas (playing himself) is a cast member on the show, but unfortunately the dope they have on the show had no clue who he was.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

I had to google Lamas. Generic looking middle aged soapie actor. I've never heard of Falcon Crest. I would have zero chance of recognising that dude, even after looking at his photos.

I like the concept of this show in theory, but it's just too damn cruel to the Schmo. I think I read an article/interview where the guy from season one said it basically ruined his life for years.

To be honest, the only thing I've ever seen Lorenzo in is an entertaining b-movie he did called Snake Eater. I'm aware of who he is, but I haven't a clue what he's more famous for doing.

I read a recent interview with the first Joe (Matt Kennedy Gould) and he talked at length about his experiences on the show. He definitely mentioned he wasn't particularly thrilled about the whole thing initially and it did shake his confidence for years, but he says he's okay with it now. But yeah, I can see why the should would mess with someone, although I would think the $100,000 would provide some comfort afterwards. It's funny watching the first season again (which I'm doing now as my girlfriend likes the new season and had never heard of or seen the show before), because almost every actor I can recognize from various things, Kristen Wiig and Rickety Cricket being the biggest of the two.
    アッシュ

Jesus you f*ckers make me feel old having to google Lorenzo Lamas! Ok, so you aren't old enough to know Falcon Crest, I'll buy that (that show was HUGE when I was a kid), but no love for Renegade? What gives?

I can't say I remember Falcon Crest at all (which is weird because I watched TV non-stop in the '80s), but I remember Renegade.

Holy ****, I was just looking on IMDB and apparently there's 2 sequels to Snake Eater! Gotta get downloading now...
    アッシュ