Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    oooooooooooohhhh...Seansloan is gonna be so mad at you!
    Not my writing, but this is why Lance is a fvcking douche.
    In a nutshell it revolves around ratings. Specifically Oprah's OWN network's lack of ratings. Interviewing LA will be a boon to her flagging network and in order to land him she most certainly had to bow to his people and agree to a schedule of questions that allowed him to admit to the minimum of blood doping while omitting the subjects that would make him come off as the complete worthless douchebag that he is. Being on Oprah will also keep him from having to deal with the sticky questions of the actual steroids he took (not just EPO... steroids) and the people whose lives he actively sought to destroy. It'll give him a chance to blame others and use the 'everyone was doing it' excuses. It will let him admit to what he wants to admit to without having to deal with what he really did for the better part of two decades.

Over the years Lance and his 'team' **** on everyone who might have exposed him. He ruined the lives and careers of dozens of people... some of whom were just as guilty as he was but some just got caught up in the mess, unaware of what was happening until they were neck deep. Emma O' Reilly probably got the worst of it. Emma was a masseuse for the USPS team that Lance rode for. She was used as an unwitting drug mule. She was asked to pick up packages and deliver them to the team. When Lance tested positive for steroids (not just EPO) his doctors wrote him a back dated prescription for a topical, steroidal cream used to treat saddle sores. Emma, being his masseuse and regularly seeing him naked knew that he never had any such sores.

Part of his defense involved hearing in front of drug testing officials. When she refused to lie under oath to protect him he publicly accused her of being a prostitute and a drug addict. Then he sued her in a Brittish court. Because of the way the Brits handle such things she was told by her lawyers that it would cost her upwards of $2 million (pounds... don't know how to make the funny L thing) to defend herself. This was a woman who make about $50k/year and she was being sued by Lance ****ing Armstrong, cancer survivor and hero to the world. She backed down and his accusations were then a part of public record. Her reputation was ruined.

I put her at the top of the list. But there were MANY. He ****ed over anyone who threatened to bring down his little enterprise that, for a while, was making him $20mil+ a year. When you take a step back and look at what he was doing and how he protected himself it, other than the fact that he never killed anyone, it wasn't that different than what you'd expect to see from an organized crime syndicate. Lies, ruthless intimidation, setups... even threats of violence.

Seriously, **** this guy. It's amazing how much of this stuff has been floating out there all this time and he has been able to cover it up or deflect it or discredit anyone who dared to speak about it. Turns out it was all true and there was more. And pretty much everyone bought it. I did for a while. Everybody loves a fairy tale. Nobody wanted to believe that someone who was so close to death and came back to be a champion... someone who created one of the strongest cancer charities on earth... Captain ****ing America (**** the french) was an evil douchebag who would stop at nothing to cover up his drug use.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/10-q...ance-armstrong
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-involved?lite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...Armstrong.html

Such was their close friendship, Armstrong invited the couple to stay in the room as he had a conversation with two white-cloaked doctors.

Armstrong admitted to them that he had been taking EPO, testosterone, growth hormone, cortisone and steroids to improve his cycling.

In her affidavit to the USADA, Andreu recalls abruptly leaving the room in shock, warning her fianc� - who rode in the same team as Armstrong - 'I'm not f****** marrying you if you're doing that ****; that's how he got his cancer!"'

I could roll out link after link but a quick google search will find you more than you could, or would want to, read.

I really don't care than he used drugs. Cycling is widely known, along with track and field, as one of the two dirtiest sports on earth. If you want to win on the biggest stages you have to use. It's that simple. But for him to do what he did to cover it up. To be a ruthless as he was. To ruin as many lives as he did... it wouldn't break my heart if he caught fire and disappeared into a pile of ash.
    Last edited by RPD; 01-17-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Lance says he donated to the UCI after he retired,actually it was 2002.Im not sure what the point is if Lance isnt telling the truth and Oprah clearly doesnt have any knowledge to press him.At least Lance can smash Fraud Landis.

Here's a really interesting documentary done by the CBC up here called Lance Armstrong: Master Of Spin, before he announced he would talk to Oprah.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2012-2013/20...r-of-spin.html

seems to be something wrong with it at the moment though. Maybe too many people watching?

It's also available on torrents in 720p, which is where I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Lance says ...
    hahahahaha!

It's easy. Two months from now will be 8 years since his last competition in2005 where he said he stopped doping.

The USADA ban is lifetime, with a minimum of 8 years. If he cooperates now and mitigates damage, he can begin to compete again shortly. That easy.

he rode the tour in 2009 and 2010 thats the only reason his house of cards collapsed.

Lances times in the WTC are only competitive/winning for his age group correct?He's not even close to Jacobs,Van Lierde etc right?

8. Default

Blah blah blah blah blah.... all I read about was how Lance just discovered that steroids are the cure for cancer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    hahahahaha!
    Come on Don,Lance is clearly sorry.Here is an example when talking about his masseuse
    "You called that girl a whore and tried to ruin her life, how do you feel about that?"

"Ugh...not good."

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Come on Don,Lance is clearly sorry.Here is an example when talking about his masseuse
    "You called that girl a whore and tried to ruin her life, how do you feel about that?"

"Ugh...not good."
    Wow. I had him all wrong.

Now I feel bad.