Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pacino to play Joe Paterno in biopic

I already want to see this one. Who will get the role of the creepy Jerry Sandusky?

Al Pacino to Play Joe Paterno

Actor reunites with director Brian De Palma for biopic of famed Penn State football coach

Al Pacino will play Joe Paterno in an upcoming biopic of the famed Penn State football coach to be directed by Brian De Palma, Deadline reports. Paterno's career ended in scandal when it was revealed he and others were aware of allegations of molestation against assistant Jerry Sandusky, but ignored them.

Tentatively titled Happy Valley, the movie could be based on the bestselling biography Paterno by Joe Posnanski, which producer Edward R. Pressman optioned. American History X and Blow scribe Dave McKenna is reportedly making a deal to write the script.

The Shouty Al Pacino Hoo-Ha Appreciation Society

In confirming the project, Pressman said: "Happy Valley reunites the Scarface and Carlito’s Way team of De Palma and Pacino for the third time, and I can’t think of a better duo to tell this story of a complex, intensely righteous man who was brought down by his own tragic flaw."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...#ixzz2IGvIM2SM

subscribing to see who bulldog posts to play the molested kids

Pacino actually said this isn't finalized yet.

Should have been pesci

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

looks boring as sh1t

Jay Mohr did a great Pacino impression while talking to Sndusky. Had me rolling.

I don't know if I'd call covering-up pedophilia "tragic." Pathetic and despicable maybe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Splatoon View Post
    I don't know if I'd call covering-up pedophilia "tragic." Pathetic and despicable maybe...

What? Some of the posts on here lately are really mind boggling.

"Tragic" implies that it's a tragedy. The cover up wasn't a tragedy. Earthquakes that take the lives of innocents are a tragedy. Sandusky secretly molesting little boys is/was a tragedy. The cover up is just fvcked up. I wouldn't call it "tragic" in that sense either. I get what the Splatoon is getting at here.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    "Tragic" implies that it's a tragedy. The cover up wasn't a tragedy. Earthquakes that take the lives of innocents are a tragedy. Sandusky secretly molesting little boys is/was a tragedy. The cover up is just fvcked up. I wouldn't call it "tragic" in that sense either. I get what the Splatoon is getting at here.
    The coverup allowed it to continue, thus: tragic.

unless I'm misinformed and Paterno only found out after the last child was molested. I didn't follow the story enough to know.