Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Who wins? (multiple votes allowed)

Voters
14. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Rassle blanket > Psycho Karl

11 78.57%
  • Rassle blanket < Psycho Karl

3 21.43%
  • King Mo > Prz

13 92.86%
  • King Mo < Prz

1 7.14%
  • Lima > Tsarev

11 78.57%
  • Lima < Tsarev

3 21.43%
  • Saunders > Koffi

12 85.71%
  • Saunders < Koffi

2 14.29%
  • The Weed > Zaromskis

4 28.57%
  • The Weed < Zaromskis

10 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    he didn't. first it was Strikeforce/Zuffa to be accurate. And it was his big mouth...er big fat fingers that got him cut.
    I understand he wasnt in the ufc, but he was under zuffa. Thats what I meant.... anyways, I thought I read somewhere that mo asked to be released from his contract so he could do tna wrestling then after the nevada hearing/racist comments... the ufc released him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I

I hope Psycho Karl has insurance that covers abortions, because he's going to need one after Ben humps him for 25 minutes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by 19nate79
    ...i could go to a down syndrome site and laugh for days.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Many fans don't understand it. Most fans see someone on the ground and they start BOOOOOOOing until the cows come home, yee haw. Askren also has the issue that when he takes someone down - oftentimes they just quit fighting and try to not get hurt. They go 100% on the defensive and aren't trying to win the fight at that point - but mitigate damage. It's VERY difficult to be a flashy finisher when your opponents do that.
    I agree with you and Zardoz. However, I don't really want Askren to be a flashy fighter. Anyone who has watched MMA long enough should be okay with fighters who like to grind. The thing with Askren that bothers me is (unlike most fighters) he has publicly come out and said he will not change his style. Props to him for winning with that style but from a viewing perspective I have no desire to watch Askren, and I suspect that if he continues with his ways most people won't either. Askren says it is not a problem as long as he is winning. The problem with that winning is if you just grind it out and go to decision long enough that creates an issue with Bellator. I will say it before and I will say it again. It's hard to build a brand when one of your champions is someone no one wants to see. How do you manage that if you are Bellator?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    ...he has publicly come out and said he will not change his style...

...Askren says it is not a problem as long as he is winning.
    Another problem would be that if Askren loses, the promotion would avoid giving him a title shot. Fortunately for Askren, he's fighting in Bellator and not the UFC, so he would just have to win the next tournament to get a title shot.

Askren is very much like Woodley though, in that he does NOTHING once he has his opponent down. He is the epitome of a blanket. He does nothing once they are down. No advnacement of position, no offence, no nothing.

The only reason I watch an Askren fight is for the hope that I'll see him get KOed.

You gotta look deeper into the fight to see why he isn't advancing. It's because his opponent stops fighting once they're on the ground.

It would be the same as if a guy just ran away from someone the entire fight on the standup.

That said, if Askren isn't able to force his will against the Bellator level of competition, he's gonna have a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaal rough go against the big boys in the UFC if it ever happens.

You certainly do like to defend the human blanket, Bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by ante_up81 View Post
    I understand he wasnt in the ufc, but he was under zuffa. Thats what I meant.... anyways, I thought I read somewhere that mo asked to be released from his contract so he could do tna wrestling then after the nevada hearing/racist comments... the ufc released him.
    yeah I wasn't really taking a shot at you with the strikeforce comment, just being a little nit-picky, but on your main he was released first before the Bellator thing came up.

Anyone watching this Jones/Coleman fight? Scrapadoo

just now tuning in to the stream