Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Following

I watched it last night, probably one of the best pilots I've seen in quite some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just watched the first ep. Pretty cool, and I am surprised with how dark and bloody it is for network TV.

I cringed in the opening scenes though when they played up the alcoholic-former-cop-who-works-alone cliche.
    It is one of the most over-used and unoriginal characters in tv/film.

That aside, I'm very intrigued to see where they go with the show. I thought it was about him chasing that one guy, but obviously it is much bigger than that now.

Also, great use of Marilyn Manson.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finally watched the first ep (recording 2nd one now) Was looking forward to it and wasn't let down. Pretty damn good and dark. Actually had to watch something light after (Maggie Grace on Californication).

Only one thing orries me with the premise of the show, is that anyone could end up being one of his followers. I could see them constantly doing ridiculous twists just for the sake of shock and it could get stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    I could see them constantly doing ridiculous twists just for the sake of shock and it could get stupid.
    And that's the crux that I think might ruin the show. I made that exact comment to my wife last night.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    And that's the crux that I think might ruin the show. I made that exact comment to my wife last night.
    Yeah, final scene last night was kinda annoying in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Yeah, final scene last night was kinda annoying in that regard.
    I don't mind anything that has happened so far per se. I'm just worried they will over abuse it. Like possibly one of the fbi leads down the road all of a sudden will be a follower. Heck it looks like they are replacing the female lead, whats to say they eventually rule that Marc Antony (can't remember characters name right now) had her planted. Glad to see I'm not the only one worried about it.

Anyway no issues so far, just a concern.

Looking forward to last nights ep.
    Last edited by wK78; 01-29-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    I don't mind anything that has happened so far per se. I'm just worried they will over abuse it. Like possibly one of the fbi leads down the road all of a sudden will be a follower. Heck it looks like they are replacing the female lead, whats to say they eventually rule that Marc Antony (can't remember characters name right now) had her planted. Glad to see I'm not the only one worried about it.

Anyway no issues so far, just a concern.

Looking forward to last nights ep.
    I thought it was clear that the new FBI chick is one of his followers, no?

Also, funny how shows have to make changes from the time the pilot is shot to the time the show is actually picked up. I wonder why the other girl left the show.

Yeah, kinda like on New Girl - they had that one black guy and by the time the show got picked up - they had to replace him with another black guy. Kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I thought it was clear that the new FBI chick is one of his followers, no?

Also, funny how shows have to make changes from the time the pilot is shot to the time the show is actually picked up. I wonder why the other girl left the show.
    Does happen a lot, doesn't it? Are you basing that on last night's show? Haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, kinda like on New Girl - they had that one black guy and by the time the show got picked up - they had to replace him with another black guy. Kinda funny.
    Yeah, Damon Wayans Jr. He did that pilot and also Happy Endings. He chose Happy Endings, and he's hilarious on it.
    Both are great shows.

On New Girl they made a joke about the character leaving their group to go hang out with a bunch of white people (Happy Endings).