Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Default A look at North Korea

It might not get weirder than this

I really enjoyed reading this account of a recent trip to NK by someone on the Richardson delegation trip.

Too long for me to read all now, but I hope to check it out.

As for the quick blurb about "Koreans count age differently", that's not just NK, that's in SK too.

Something like once you are born, you are already 1 yr old as they count the time in the womb as a year of life. Then, every NY day, you turn another year older.

Basically, if you are born on NYE, then the next day you are already 2 yrs old, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for posting that...amazing.
    Put the boots to him, medium style.

Really gnarly. Interesting look into North Korean life.

I read that earlier today Dan, what a crappy life those people have.

You should read : Nothing to Envy, Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick
    http://nothingtoenvy.com/nothing-to-envy-excerpt/

What those people in North Korea have lived thru is just pitiful.

Another good one is: Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden
    http://www.amazon.com/Escape-Camp-14.../dp/0670023329

A real life account of a North Korean who was born in a political prison internment camp and was lucky enough to have escaped when he was 22 years old. As I have read he is the only known person to have escaped from one of these prisons and live to talk about it. Excellent read, you won't believe the crap this person was exposed to while growing up.

Both books are real life accounts and excellent reads into the lives of North Koreans.
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER

Sofargone

Thanks Dan, that was really interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i spent a lot of time in south korea, why the hell are we fighting over that place? i mean, isolating north korea might work someday but it's been 50+ years already. cut the cord and let them fight it out. the middle east has oil, so we're stuck dicking around with those assholes for a while. africa has jack squat and we don't even look their way. south korea has nike factories i guess

Anyone have a PDF of Escape from Camp 14?

Good read, but wow, that's some crazy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    africa has jack squat and we don't even look their way.
    Even if you ignore its ridiculous ecological value, Africa has an enormously important mining industry, and an agricultural industry that will only gain value in the coming decades. Why do you think China is now all over sub-Saharan Africa?