Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

I've never enjoyed Star Trek even though I have tried, that being said I really liked the movie that Abrams directed and am looking forward to the next one.

If he can make the new Star Wars movies just as well or better then I will be a happy camper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I thought Abrams did a good job with Super 8 even though it was basically him sucking off Spielberg because the movie seemed like an exact replica of an old Spielberg flick

The Star Wars universe has a ridiculous amount of potential for good movies, but they just keep writing ****ty scripts for them (even the first films scripts were ****, it was the actors and special effects that made the movies great).

Star Wars + good directing + a good script + good acting = win. They just need to not let Lucas be involved, and not hire people like Hayden Christiansen who can't act for ****.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Star Wars Fanboy for life.

@jedigavin

Yeah I was kinda done with Star Wars after the pretty bad prequels. But this new trilogy has gotten me excited. Coolest thing about the new trilogy is we really have no idea what it may be about or where its going. Even if the prequels were great, we had some indication of what they'd be about. Just about anything can happen and its all right now a surprise.

I like the hiring of the director. Think he is more suited for Star Wars then Trek!

Really, I think they would be best served if they just abandoned the current plot line, the extended universe and all the other story stuff that has been written for star wars already and did something totally original. No references to Vader, R2, Luke etc. Just a standalone trilogy set in the same universe.

Hell they could be super bold and say to hell with the jedi stuff altogether and do a movie based on a bounty hunter/smuggler or something like that.

this news is surprising because Abrams said he turned it down just a few weeks ago. I guess they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Star Trek rules!

I don't really like his recent stuff, but Regarding Henry was fantastic.

Ugh.. All this Star Trek talk in a Star Wars thread irks me..

Closet Star Wars nerd talking here..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    this news is surprising because Abrams said he turned it down just a few weeks ago. I guess they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Star Trek rules!
    his agent probably laughed when he was only offered a set fee to direct, he's probably got a cut of the profits and merchandise now to make him agree