Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheeto101 View Post
    Really, I think they would be best served if they just abandoned the current plot line, the extended universe and all the other story stuff that has been written for star wars already and did something totally original. No references to Vader, R2, Luke etc. Just a standalone trilogy set in the same universe.

Hell they could be super bold and say to hell with the jedi stuff altogether and do a movie based on a bounty hunter/smuggler or something like that.
    Well George always said the EU was only official if they never made sequels, but sequels would never be beholden to the EU. So I don't think we have to worry about it invading the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    his agent probably laughed when he was only offered a set fee to direct, he's probably got a cut of the profits and merchandise now to make him agree
    Or possibly the contract wasn't signed yet, and he wasn't allowed to say anything till official.

As far as extended universe the only thing that was ever good, great actually was the first one made. Thrawn Trilogy. Original actors to old to do that story now anyway, but making an adaption of that would have been awesome. Still excited to see where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Still excited to see where they go.
    I point to Episode III when Sidious and Vader are at the theater, and they are speaking of the legendary Sith Lord, Darth Plagueis 'The Wise'.. This is where Sidious uses the story to lure Anakin into thinking he can prevent the death of Padme. So essentially, id actually wish theyd go back even further into a trilogy that takes place even way before I,II,III.. It could literally have nothing to do with what transpires in Lucas' 6 films. This allows these new movies to stand alone and speak for themselves. And maybe at the end you throw Palpatine in there as the new discovered Sith apprentice to Plagueis, which is implied by the theater scene..

I like the climax of the whole story at the end of Return Of The Jedi.. I hope they dont try to extend on that..
    Last edited by ATroms; 01-25-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I enjoyed the first one.

Then again, I enjoy all things Star Trek.

I'm currently catching up on Star Trek: Enterprise the series whenever I'm on my trainer. Only seen two episodes, but I love the "throwbackness" of that show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quit fantasizing about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    i am too, but i think star wars needed to stay finished. Hell, we should never even of gotten the prequels
    The prequels could have been good. I went back and watched all of the star wars a couple months ago. Jedi does not stand up at all. Waht a piece of **** that movie was. Empire is still good and the original is alright, but not nearly as good as I remember. The prequels blew ass, but in there is a good story that just wasn't told right.

I did like the new Star Trek so maybe this will be good. Not gonna hold my breath though.
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    The original Star Trek series was good - but The Next Generation was WAAAAAAAAAAAY better and had more in-depth and likeable characters. Deep Space Nine was the best of the series (aside from Avery Brooks' over-acting) and was the most enjoyable imo. Voyager was pretty good too - although lots of people hated that one. Not sure why. I've only seen two episodes of Enterprise - not sure if there are any others.
    I concur with all of this. I liked Enterprise too.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    As far as extended universe the only thing that was ever good, great actually was the first one made. Thrawn Trilogy. Original actors to old to do that story now anyway, but making an adaption of that would have been awesome. Still excited to see where they go.

I've heard the Thrawn books were good. I've only read the Han Solo trilogy but that was very enjoyable. It's my understanding many of the other books are better and darker.

I wouldn't hold your breath on them using some "obscure" trilogy or series of books to make a totally new set of movies out of. Just won't happen.

THere's a general public out there - and the general public wants Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, etc. Sh1t. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they just didn't reboot the first 3 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    I've heard the Thrawn books were good. I've only read the Han Solo trilogy but that was very enjoyable. It's my understanding many of the other books are better and darker.
    Thrawn books awesome, stay away from anything else.