Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath on them using some "obscure" trilogy or series of books to make a totally new set of movies out of. Just won't happen.

THere's a general public out there - and the general public wants Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, etc. Sh1t. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they just didn't reboot the first 3 movies.
    100% they are going to jettison the Expanded Universe. As for Luke/Han and co. the plan is if the cast signs to put them in an older generation role. Luke taking a Obi Wan type persona. Definetly not rebooting anything.

Maybe. From what I've read - everything is in its complete infancy. Harrison Ford was even wanting to reprise the role of Han Solo.

I'm just saying - knowing Hollywood - it wouldn't surprise me that all of the rumor and speculation surrounding this movie gets tossed out the window in favor of a complete reboot (ala what Disney has done with the Marvel movies).

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    As far as extended universe the only thing that was ever good, great actually was the first one made. Thrawn Trilogy. Original actors to old to do that story now anyway, but making an adaption of that would have been awesome. Still excited to see where they go.
    The tales books were excellent as well, Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales from Jabbas Palace, Tales of Bounty Hunters, all excellent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think a reboot isn't as profitable as an episode 7 in this case. People just want to know what happens next to Luke, Han, etc. Partially because episodes 4, 5, and 6 were pretty darn good. It is my belief that George Lucas isn't involved with the movie at all, so that in itself is a plus.

While I'm not giddy in anticipation with how this movie turns out, there are signs it will be a better movie than the prequel trilogies.Once you hit rock bottom, there's no way to go but up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    I think a reboot isn't as profitable as an episode 7 in this case. People just want to know what happens next to Luke, Han, etc. Partially because episodes 4, 5, and 6 were pretty darn good. It is my belief that George Lucas isn't involved with the movie at all, so that in itself is a plus.

While I'm not giddy in anticipation with how this movie turns out, there are signs it will be a better movie than the prequel trilogies.Once you hit rock bottom, there's no way to go but up.
    The new sequel is actually based on George Lucas story. Whether he did a full treatment on all 3 or not, not sure, but he's totally involved as the overall arch of the trilogy (and this being Star Wars that's how I think it should be. But he's not writing, directing, producing, whatnot.