Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

If he learned to play the Game with The Man he could probably get a job in retirement as VP of talent relations for black fighters and how to self promote. As Butters famously said, "Do you know what I am saying "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Yeah, but appearances, merchandise with his likeness, etc - there's no way he ended up with a $300k payday or whatever.
    You are assuming he got extra pay for that and he may not have. I bet he got a flat salary that included x appearances to promote. I remember an interview where he said there was alot more promotion than he expected. If he does get some type if residual, I doubt its much. He did end up with the van so maybe genius did the movie for bragging rights and a van. Note: Hollywood has not called since then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    There are also two stints as a coach on the Ultimate fighter. I am sure that Rampage got paid to be a coach.

I find it interesting that Dana has said for years that what a fighter makes is his own business, but when he wants to make a point about Rampage being demanding, he discloses that info.

It doesn't mean much for the guys at the prelim level, but if a top level guy in the UFC wants to bitch about pay in public, Dana has no problem airing that guys dirty laundry.

END COMMUNICATION
    So the UFC can't defend itself when someone starts saying HEY THEY DON'T PAY ME, SCREW THEM? Two entirely different issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    So the UFC can't defend itself when someone starts saying HEY THEY DON'T PAY ME, SCREW THEM? Two entirely different issues.
    Not quite the point I was making. That or I did a **** job of trying to make a point. Oddly enough, you made the point better than I did.

This is the first time I have ever heard Dana actually give a real number for how much a fighter has made, and he only mentioned it to counter Rampage's arguments about not being paid enough. So the only way that will get the UFC to list a specific number for how much a fighter is paid is for that fighter to say openly he is not making enough.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Not at all.

That movie made a metric sh1tton of movie overseas.
    Theres now way he made even close to $15 Mill, and I doubt he had a cut of profits of the film.

Rampage complains about lack of respect, and then he shows up at a press conference playing video games. He complains about respect, and how many times does he attack ariel during an interview or some sexual harrasment. He complains its not about the money, and then the only points he makes are money related.

He really is hard to take. I really wish UFC would take a stand and say youve disrespected us enough times and we're not bringing you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    No ****ing way he made $15mil doing the a-team movie.
    yeah, the only possible people who got 15 mill for a-team would be liam neeson or bradley cooper and i dont even think they commanded that for the movie at the time

Okay, i just had to look it up and Bradley Cooper for the hangover 3 was paid 5 mill plus 4% of the gross, you wuld have to think he got somewhere under that. Neeson just recently was paid 10 mill for Taken 2, so he had to probably be somewhere under 10 mill for a-team.

I'd be shocked they paid Rampage anything more than like 500 grand to a mill. And I guarantee Rampage was not getting a cut of the profits

I'd be more than happy to earn a quarter of what Rampage is earning a year to be punched in the face. Sign me up Dana.

Really, after his meltdown driving debacle, Rampage is lucky to have made any money in the UFC. Rampage should be sucking Dana's dick for the rest of his life for backing him through that mess instead of cutting him loose and letting him flounder in the minor leagues working for peanuts.