Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roundhouse View Post
    Particularly given how they stood by him when he went off the deep end.
    It's business. The UFC is a for profit corporation, and will expend resources when it's to their advantage, and will refuse to do so when it's not. ZUFFA didn't stand by Mo Lawal when he uttered the words "racist b*tch" during a hearing. You think it's because they like him that much less, or is it because he draws that much less? To ask the question is to already answer it.

As for the pay, it's insanely little. There are boxers that make in 1 fight what Rampage basically made in 11. A single fight accrues them Rampage's career treasure. And I'm not talking Floyd Mayweather here. Yes I understand there's a difference in drawing power, but can you honestly say that someone like Miguel Cotto draws in a single fight, more than ELEVEN Rampage fights?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rampage just said on the post weigh ins to Ariel Helwani, that he made 100k for A-Team

I somehow seriously doubt that. I have friends who were "extras" on movies nowhere near as big as the A-Team who got ~30K. A feature role in a big film has to net waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than that.

Ya that's just stupid, people don't get that kinda of screen time and get barely 6 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Not at all.

That movie made a metric sh1tton of movie overseas.
    The A-Team lost a significant amount of money over all.

Production budget ~$110 million
    Prints & advertising budget ~$50 million
    Domestic gross ~$77 mill
    International gross ~$100 mill
    DVD/BD/Stream gross ~$27 mill
    Domestic net ~$42 mill
    International net ~$45 mill
    DVD/BD net ~$10 mill

Even before the P&A budget they're making a loss. After it, they're down about $50 mill. And I'm using optimistic estimates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I somehow seriously doubt that. I have friends who were "extras" on movies nowhere near as big as the A-Team who got ~30K. A feature role in a big film has to net waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than that.
    An extra getting 30k? I'm calling BS on this one. An extra will get paid something like $100 per day, TOPS.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    Ya that's just stupid, people don't get that kinda of screen time and get barely 6 figures.
    Maybe he meant he only made 100k more than he would've fighting in the UFC.

And hopefully Rampage has a royalty deal with these athletic shoes because he's going to pocket at least another buck or two when these sell about five pairs nationwide...

http://www.cagepotato.com/photo-yes-...eebok-sneaker/

He had some other shoes that actually looked good. Those are god awful.

These actually look alright.
    Last edited by RPD; 01-25-2013 at 10:56 PM.