• Up

20 71.43%
  • Middle

6 21.43%
  • Down

2 7.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up.

I was fine with the main event. More damage inflicted in both directions then I would have expected to see given the weight class. Unlike UFC on Fox 5, the fight was competitive with Dodson taking the early rounds before he faded.

Rampage lost against an opponent who basically stood and traded punches most of the night. I would say this marks the end of Rampage being in the mix of any title picture in the UFC based off his competitive merit. A knockout artist who knocks no one out even when given the most favorable situation is done.

Pettis vs Cerrone was fun and ended in a liver kick. I ****ing love that a liver kick got KO of the night.

Regarding the prelims: I love Hioki, but he needs to get the **** out from under wrestlers if he misses one or two sub attempts. He is too content to work from bottom and the judges wont reward it. Russo vs Jordan was fun. Also, I bet NO ONE picked Bader by 1st round submission for his fight. Nice surprise.

END COMMUNICATION

Should have been in Liliputia, not Chicago.
    "He does lots of weird zen crap and philosophies to keep himself grounded." Thekillerkiwi

Yeah Zardoz, the Bader result shocked the hell out of me. Props to Bader for continuing to improve his game. I figured he'd win. I just figured it would be by decision.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Louis who? Gonna have a hard time making a main event with challengers even hard core fans dont know.
    He's the guy who looks like Diego Sanchez, but with green Clay Guida hair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.77 preliminary rating for the show.

50k bonuses went to:

FOTN- Dodson/Mighty Mouse
    SOTN- Bader
    KOTN- Pettis

Sinners repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Prelims were decent, main card was good, main event sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Down

Just something about this one that lacked the luster/emotion that were on the last couple for me.

Yea, there were finishes.. But it just wasnt exciting for me tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8Ryt View Post
    I just never felt very excited during this one. The Pettis fight didn't go long enough for me to build up a boner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Eater View Post
    Should have been in Liliputia, not Chicago.
    Most of the negativity on this event seems to be about the main event simply not having a strong appeal in the first place. The main event fight its self was way better then Barao vs Faber or Cruz vs Faber. I would also put it ahead of the Edgar vs BJ Penn fights. There was plenty of damage inflicted during this fight, and the other fights I mentioned just did not have the same quality of damage being inflicted.

Demetrious managed to lay in some quality knees from the clinch late. Dodson was marking up Demetrious and got a few knock downs early. Unlike the most recent string of title fights, this fight was also pretty damn competitive throughout, and a title fight with a legitimately uncertain outcome is always welcome.

I think that most of you guys decided the fight was going to suck because it was at Flyweight and featured fighters you didn't give 2 ****s about.

Am I wrong? Is there an objective criticism for this fight beyond it going to a decision that I am overlooking? I am not trying to pick a fight here, but I am wondering why so many are down on the main event.

END COMMUNICATION

Could Rampage have been the reason for good ratings? I doubt the main was a ratings getter.

Sinners repent!

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    Most of the negativity on this event seems to be about the main event simply not having a strong appeal in the first place. The main event fight its self was way better then Barao vs Faber or Cruz vs Faber. I would also put it ahead of the Edgar vs BJ Penn fights. There was plenty of damage inflicted during this fight, and the other fights I mentioned just did not have the same quality of damage being inflicted.

Demetrious managed to lay in some quality knees from the clinch late. Dodson was marking up Demetrious and got a few knock downs early. Unlike the most recent string of title fights, this fight was also pretty damn competitive throughout, and a title fight with a legitimately uncertain outcome is always welcome.

I think that most of you guys decided the fight was going to suck because it was at Flyweight and featured fighters you didn't give 2 ****s about.

Am I wrong? Is there an objective criticism for this fight beyond it going to a decision that I am overlooking? I am not trying to pick a fight here, but I am wondering why so many are down on the main event.

END COMMUNICATION
    alot of people just dont like the minies who fly around at warp speed and barely connect so they are predisposed to hate it. This fight had more damage than any mini fight Ive seen and yet it still got boring in spots. 3 minutes of action where mm got knocked down and then became mini-wandy in round 5 dont make up for 20+ minutes of hummingbird flitting around the cage.

Sinners repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    alot of people just dont like the minies who fly around at warp speed and barely connect so they are predisposed to hate it. This fight had more damage than any mini fight Ive seen and yet it still got boring in spots. 3 minutes of action where mm got knocked down and then became mini-wandy in round 5 dont make up for 20+ minutes of hummingbird flitting around the cage.
    Reasonable points.

I am just trying to figure out if people are disliking it more due to the fight its self being crap or because they match was unappealing to begin with.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    Reasonable points.

I am just trying to figure out if people are disliking it more due to the fight its self being crap or because they match was unappealing to begin with.

END COMMUNICATION
    The thing is, as much power a Dodson and Benavidez have, they will never have proportionally to their weight class, even in flyweight, when compared to other weight classes.

The way that Dodson hit Johnson, if that was Heavyweight versus Heavyweight, one Heavyweight is going to flat on his face, and he's not coming back up. It's just the nature of Flyweights.

I like Flyweights, though. At least they can go three to five rounds without being boring. Generally speaking, most fight's excitement ends after the first two rounds. After that, it's likely to be decisions, but ones where fighters are tired. At least Johnson and Dodson had some good action in those three rounds.