0 0%
  • Lil Frankie by dec

12 31.58%
  • Leben-back by popular demand!

0 0%
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mondo View Post
    ...Frankie had no problem with them.
    I wouldn't say that he had no problem, as he was knocked down by low kicks more than once.

I don't remember that happening because they hurt Frankie so much as they tripped/swept him. They didn't exactly slow him down or stagger him like, say, Saffedine did to Nate. That was what the upkick did in their first fight...

But I mean, it's basically a welterweight swinging a tree-trunk of a leg at a featherweight, I'd expect that to topple Frankie if they hit at full force. Nonetheless, Frankie was catching those over and over.

Henderson kicked the legs out from other Edgar because he was aiming for the calf on many of those kicks, not the knee or thigh. Aldo usually goes for the thigh and kicks much faster than Henderson, so it's going to be different for sure.

Edgar did do a good job of catching Henderson's kicks once he picked up on the strategy, but if he starts reaching for Aldo's leg he may end up eating something nasty upstairs. I think this is related to the issue of Edgar's speed advantage at lightweight and whether he can keep with featherweights. I don't think he will seem slow against Aldo, but he won't be as fast in relation to his opponent.

F4wonline.com had a blurb in todays news tgat Aldo had stitches in his head. How would a dr clear that? I can only assume its recent but healed??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All aboard the Btazillian excuse train! Chooooo chooooo

bulldog losing tomorrow!!!!!
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    F4wonline.com had a blurb in todays news tgat Aldo had stitches in his head. How would a dr clear that? I can only assume its recent but healed??
    Easy....you not bleeding? You can fight. Also, you gotta think what kind of money the UFC would lose out on if Aldo was injured again and the main event was cancelled. No way the UFC is going to let that happen.

Edgar seemed more shredded than ever. Aldo looked the same, but what I found funny was Aldo saying how Edgar would lose power. If anything it would remain the same. He's only cutting 10 pounds at most from his normal weight. I like Aldo but I really want Edgar to win. That division needs a fresh start. Aldo, while a killer at times, has not been the most exciting thing in that division. It's one of the few divisions where, before this fight, I looked forward to non-championship Featherweight fights more than championship title fights.

Also, it was interesting the boos Edgar got at the weigh-in. I don't get why but interesting nonetheless.

Big Frank is gonna run through Waldo like the tape at the finish line.

Man, I am so excited for this card. I can't wait till tomorrow night.

Loving the split on the predictions here. The poll is 50/50 as of this post. It's the dictionary definition of toss up.