• Foot by sub

0 0%
  • Foot by dec

0 0%
  • Leben hold all teh belt

0 0%
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what he's been whining about either. I think he was initially claiming Overeem had a better resume than Fedor (he doesn't), but then he changed it up to spending 9 pages claiming Overeem would beat Fedor in a fight tomorrow which nobody gave a **** about enough due to the asinine premise of such an argument. Throw in a couple temper tantrums, not knowing what a sweep is, various other inaccuracies, and that brings us up to the present. All we can be certain of is that if you don't last X minutes against fighter Y, you're worse than fighter Z, apparently.
    It's still hysterical how you and Tallica continue to focus on one point I made which is open to interpretation, but have nothing for when I bring up undeniable facts regarding Fedor's gaffes and Werdum's piss-poor performance against Overeem.

Let's recap; I asked you what fighters that Bigfoot had beaten who were better than Overeem. For the longest time, you only had one, an extremley questionable choice by any standard of MMA knowledge. Any time I tried to explain why Fedor is nothing special, you just threw insults at me, without ever acknowledging my criticisms of him or explaining why he's actually better than Overeem. Aside from the fact that he's "probably the greatest heavyweight of all time", no doubt alluding to his Pride days.

As Onion pointed out, I've been a dick here, but I've at least contributed legit arguments admist that. You've never supported your claims or detailed why my points are flawed.

The bolded part really proves just how dumb you are. My first post in this scrap simply asked you who Bigfoot had beaten that was better than Overeem. I've never mentioned anything regarding Overeem's resume of opponents.

But way to make **** up in an attempt to save face. Not that you had much to save in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mondo View Post
    It's still hysterical how you and Tallica continue to focus on one point I made which is open to interpretation, but have nothing for when I bring up undeniable facts regarding Fedor's gaffes and Werdum's piss-poor performance against Overeem.

Let's recap; I asked you what fighters that Bigfoot had beaten who were better than Overeem. For the longest time, you only had one, an extremley questionable choice by any standard of MMA knowledge. Any time I tried to explain why Fedor is nothing special, you just threw insults at me, without ever acknowledging my criticisms of him or explaining why he's actually better than Overeem. Aside from the fact that he's "probably the greatest heavyweight of all time", no doubt alluding to his Pride days.

As Onion pointed out, I've been a dick here, but I've at least contributed legit arguments admist that. You've never supported your claims or detailed why my points are flawed.

The bolded part really proves just how dumb you are. My first post in this scrap simply asked you who Bigfoot had beaten that was better than Overeem. I've never mentioned anything regarding Overeem's resume of opponents.

But way to make **** up in an attempt to save face. Not that you had much to save in the first place
    If you are going to wait 3 days to respond, you need to do better than claim that somehow Overoid is a better HW than Fedor. I say this as some who thinks Fedor is typically overrated but acknowledged what he did. What has Roidy done at HW?

Yeah, this debate is already long over. You lost, looked like a complete fool in the process, and made a litany of nonsense up. You were better off having run away with your tail between your legs then to have stewed about it for days before returning when people give even less ****s about what you think now that ever before. I also love your recap. You do realize any person here can look back in the topic and see what you posted was absolute horse ****, right? You asked who Bigfoot had beaten that was better than Overeem. Upon being told Fedor and Browne, you then came up with a laundry list of excuses as to why those weren't acceptable answers. "OMG, BROWNE HURT HIS LEG!!!1" Brilliant. Maybe you're new to the Internet or something, but it seems like there was a breakdown in communication at that point. You seemed to be under the impression I cared enough to have this joke of a "debate" with you, conveniently ignoring (or not realizing that): A. I don't give a **** about what you think. B. I know the sport well enough to identify your bull****. C. You don't know what you're talking about and have in no way qualified your opinion to any standard. But yes, please continue to whine about it and post limp-wristed faux-intelligent retorts because, man, I'm just dying to know your $0.02 on this topic!
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

In all seriousness. Who the hell has Travis Browne beaten to even enter into this thread or conversation?

Struve is a pretty good win, but honestly his resume isn't the best. Most guys at HW don't have really extensive resume at the moment since the HW division is in the midst of a turnover. A couple years from now we'll have a clearer view of the true top 10 HWs I think.
    アッシュ

Seems like the heavies just cant get a good streak going, they trade wins/losses pretty regularly. At this point, does Cormier have the best win record?

Repent Ash, repent!

There's just such a huge margin of error with HW's. You do something dumb, eat a punch, your night is done and your career is off-course. That isn't quite as apparent in the lighter weights.
    Last edited by Ash; 02-10-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    アッシュ

There's just such a huge margin of error with HW's. You do something dumb, eat a punch, your night is done and your career is off-course. That isn't quite as apparent in the lighter weights.
    I think that any weight class in the UFC is unlikely to have any fighter with more than a 6 fight win streak outside of the dominant champions and prelim level fighters who just got into the UFC. Outside of the dominant champions I would be stunned if you can find anyone with a win streak beyond 5 fights. Until the Lightweight division cleared its Frankie Edgar Rematch Logjam, I think Jim Miller had a 6 fight streak going before he was choked out by Nate Diaz.

Of course, if you can put together a 5 fight win streak at the main card level, your probably getting a title shot, at which point you become a dominant champion, or you become a statistic on a dominant champions win-loss record.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Seems like the heavies just cant get a good streak going, they trade wins/losses pretty regularly. At this point, does Cormier have the best win record?
    Yeah, Cormier is 11-0, and I cannot think of any active UFC heavyweight with a streak anywhere near that.
    JDS had a 10 fight win streak going (9 UFC fights) before Cain ended it.
    Cain was 9-0 with 7 UFC fights before that was ended by JDS
    Shane Carwin was 12-0 (4 UFC fights) before Gassing and getting choked out by Lesnar.

Outside the UFC, Cole Conrad went 9-0 before deciding to become some kind of milk based commodities trader.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Just more proof that fedor is The GOAT heavyweight...

who wins at their peaks, Overeem or TIMMYYYYYYYYY????