Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default UFC was very close to signing Brock vs Fedor for Cowboys stadium before both retired

@arielhelwani

Dana said when he told us the Brock meeting went horribly it actually went well! Why did he say that? Because he didn't want to tell us. :/

‏@arielhelwani

Dana convinced he told us this story already but no. You'll have to see the scrum video. He doesn't think Fedor will fight in the RUS debut

‏@arielhelwani

However, Fedor's dad died and then he said he was officially done. And then Brock said he was done. I can't do the story justice. Mind blown

@arielhelwani

Dana just dropped an unbelievable story how they were thiiis close to coming to terms with Fedor on a deal to fight Brock at Cowboy Stadium

So this had to be around the time, someone on the underground made a thread asking for Brock vs Fedor and had a poll. Dana asked if people really wanted this fight, I guess this was when he contacted Fedors people and Brock.

As big as that fight could of been, i honestly dont think it would of sold out cowboys stadium at the time. Brock had just lost to Overeem and Fedor was all but finished, i dont see how that sells out cowboys stadium. The only fight potentially selling out cowboys stadium is GSP-Anderson, i dont even think Bones-anderson does it just yet

i'll post the scrum or a link to news article when its up

Man.. Had this fight happened post UFC 100/Fedor's Affliction tour (mid 2009) i think it may have sold out that stadium. This was also around the time that MMA in general had hit its full stride in popularity as well. But then Fedor lost a few, Brock lost a few = less luster with a fight like that.

Still wouldve always preferred a Randy vs Fedor fight, over Fedor vs Brock..

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Man.. Had this fight happened post UFC 100/Fedor's Affliction tour (mid 2009) i think it may have sold out that stadium. This was also around the time that MMA in general had hit its full stride in popularity as well. But then Fedor lost a few, Brock lost a few = less luster with a fight like that.

Still wouldve always preferred a Randy vs Fedor fight, over Fedor vs Brock..
    I wonder how Fedor would of played out had he came to the ufc instead of strikeforce. He easily would of beat Randy in my opinion but you never know. Probably would of went through Mir, dunno though about Brock at that time. He would of lost eventually to Cain

Coulda woulda. Probably would have been a huge disappointment of a fight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpin View Post
    Coulda woulda. Probably would have been a huge disappointment of a fight.
    I had actually always feared this as well when thinking about a possible showdown between these two. Brock's fights were so inconsistent and all over the place.. Then add Fedor's ability to end/win fights out of nowhere, or snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.. And id say all signs point to a similar ending to Brock vs Mir I..

Fedor vs Brock would have been huge. It really is a travesty that Fedor never fought in the UFC. That will be a stain on his career for many years in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Muay Thai / BJJ Training Blogs | Worldwide MMA

Apparently the main reason this fight didn't go down is because Vadim and the fact-checking team at M-1 did some research and learned that Cowboy Stadium wasn't actually built for Fedor.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.