Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Bader

I enjoyed the revisionist history that said Bader had the fastest sub in history for the division.Frank Shamrock must have been going nuts while Dana was laughing at him.I need to see a win against a bigger name before I was convinced Bader was for real.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    I enjoyed the revisionist history that said Bader had the fastest sub in history for the division.Frank Shamrock must have been going nuts while Dana was laughing at him.I need to see a win against a bigger name before I was convinced Bader was for real.
    Who is this Frank Shamrock of whom you speak? I dont see him on the UFC website so never heard of him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sinners repent!

Quote Originally Posted by HugeMMAFan View Post
    He didn't KO him, only knocked him down. But he did submit him. Yes, Bader has a weaker chin, and poor striking defense. Maybe he will learn how to take hits better and tighten his striking defense. Then again, maybe not. Some people are just not meant to take hits to the head.
    Bader said after the fight that he "woke up" in a choke. So he kinda did KO and sub him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanno View Post
    He blows hot and cold too much, but he is definitely a top tier dude when he is on a hot streak.
    Bader either finishes and looks good, or he gets finished and looks awful.

On the plus side:
    Bader has only ever been defeated by former LHW champions, or by Jones immediately prior to Jones winning the title.

Negatives:
    One of those former champions was Tito Ortiz, who was pretty much past the 'best before' date.

The loss to Tito is pretty much exactly how his win over Matyushenko went; Stunned with a punch then choked out. I expect that Bader will not be taken seriously until he wins a fight against high level opposition where things go badly for him early and he overcomes it.

A fight against Phil Davis would be a good fight for Bader to take. Bader wont be able to 'out athlete' Davis, and he wont be able to out grapple him. It won't exactly test Bader's chin while standing, but if Bader can find a way to win it will help his credibility as a fighter.

END COMMUNICATION

Bader did an interview last night and said he wants to fight shogun next, I think they make that fight. There really isn't much else for shogun

Phil Davis and Vinny magalhaes have been going back and forth arguing so I'd say that's a lock, so Phil isn't fighting bader.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    Bader did an interview last night and said he wants to fight shogun next, I think they make that fight. There really isn't much else for shogun

Phil Davis and Vinny magalhaes have been going back and forth arguing so I'd say that's a lock, so Phil isn't fighting bader.
    I can see him beating Shogun, but if he gets hit well, he's done.

He didn't KO him, only knocked him down. But he did submit him. Yes, Bader has a weaker chin, and poor striking defense. Maybe he will learn how to take hits better and tighten his striking defense. Then again, maybe not. Some people are just not meant to take hits to the head.
    Apparently you missed the part where Bader himself say he woke up in the sub to tap.

Edit - Beaten to it by Str8Ryt

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    Apparently you missed the part where Bader himself say he woke up in the sub to tap.
    I did. Someone else already pointed it out. But he didn't get KOed. Almost getting KOed is not the same as getting KOed. Almost means nothing. You either get KOed or you didn't.

I did. Someone else already pointed it out. But he didn't get KOed. Almost getting KOed is not the same as getting KOed. Almost means nothing. You either get KOed or you didn't.
    You keep using the term KO. I don't think you know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    You keep using the term KO. I don't think you know what it means.
    Yes I do. I meanst "Knocked Out". And Ryan saying he was pretty much out doesn't mean he was completely out. He grabbed Tito's leg in defense, and then Tito saw that as an opportunity to go for a sub. Bader then tried to defend by moving up, but Tito crunched deeper.