Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Greezy View Post
    yeah i got some connections. get my half off. family discount.
    My niece sells them and I usually buy a bunch of boxes on the first go round. They make good office snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Tallica,

My advice - and this comes from the heart (and not one that's about to explode because it's trying to support 3 times the weight it should be) - ditch the surgery.

I misread your post and thought that you already had the procedure done.

I would suggest bailing now. Get the weight off yourself. Learn to be hungry, learn not to eat. Learn to drink nothing but water. Literally - NOTHING. No beer, no juice, no soda (for all that is holy and good - NO SODA) - no nothing. It'll suck for 2 weeks, then after that it won't be a big deal.

Plan your meals, plan your caloric intake. Start with 2000 calories + a walk around the block. Your body - just being alive - is probably working off more than 2000 calories a day, I'd bet. Start slow. If you get hungry - drink some water. Try to drink a gallon + a day. Carry around a bottle and keep it filled up.

You'll lose a sh1tton of weight on the lapband - but two things will happen: 1) Your hunger urges will come back DRAMATICALLY when they remove the shunt (or whatever the fvck it's called) and you'll balloon right back up. 2) You'll have a ****load of nasty ass loose skin that you'll be tucking in to your pants (which literally will make all of those who know you throw up a little in their mouths whenever they hear your name).

The non-surgical route will take longer to acheive - but your weight will plummet if you're disciplined.

My opinion is - if you're not disciplined enough to take the weight off without the surgery - then you're not disciplined enough to keep if off after the surgery anyway.

There's no shortcuts in life - and lapband isn't the magic solution for dropping the weight imo. Like I said - I've seen it go both ways (I have a guy who works in our field who has successfully done it and a friend of a friend who has done it with good results). That's 2 out of like....I dunno, 12 people maybe in my life that I have some connection with that have done it. The rest are still fat.

Seriously, make the decision to do it yourself and do it. You don't need anyone on board with this other than you. Get used to eating a ridiculously small amount of food and get used to drinking nothing but water. If you smoke or do any of that - ditch it and quit. I don't know you - but it sounds like you're putting a body through a sh1tton of punishment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Tallica,

My advice - and this comes from the heart (and not one that's about to explode because it's trying to support 3 times the weight it should be) - ditch the surgery.

I misread your post and thought that you already had the procedure done.

I would suggest bailing now. Get the weight off yourself. Learn to be hungry, learn not to eat. Learn to drink nothing but water. Literally - NOTHING. No beer, no juice, no soda (for all that is holy and good - NO SODA) - no nothing. It'll suck for 2 weeks, then after that it won't be a big deal.

Plan your meals, plan your caloric intake. Start with 2000 calories + a walk around the block. Your body - just being alive - is probably working off more than 2000 calories a day, I'd bet. Start slow. If you get hungry - drink some water. Try to drink a gallon + a day. Carry around a bottle and keep it filled up.

You'll lose a sh1tton of weight on the lapband - but two things will happen: 1) Your hunger urges will come back DRAMATICALLY when they remove the shunt (or whatever the fvck it's called) and you'll balloon right back up. 2) You'll have a ****load of nasty ass loose skin that you'll be tucking in to your pants (which literally will make all of those who know you throw up a little in their mouths whenever they hear your name).

The non-surgical route will take longer to acheive - but your weight will plummet if you're disciplined.

My opinion is - if you're not disciplined enough to take the weight off without the surgery - then you're not disciplined enough to keep if off after the surgery anyway.

There's no shortcuts in life - and lapband isn't the magic solution for dropping the weight imo. Like I said - I've seen it go both ways (I have a guy who works in our field who has successfully done it and a friend of a friend who has done it with good results). That's 2 out of like....I dunno, 12 people maybe in my life that I have some connection with that have done it. The rest are still fat.

Seriously, make the decision to do it yourself and do it. You don't need anyone on board with this other than you. Get used to eating a ridiculously small amount of food and get used to drinking nothing but water. If you smoke or do any of that - ditch it and quit. I don't know you - but it sounds like you're putting a body through a sh1tton of punishment.
    I appreciate your thoughts and advice BD, honestly. However, this was not a decision made in haste, nor is it something I will be talked out of at this point. I think there is a lot about the procedure that you and many others on here are unaware of and that's understandable. First, the device is in for life unless their is a complication. Complications are extremely low percentage in this procedure, and if there are, it's easily removed. It's a tool to help assist with all of things you are suggesting, that's all. It's not something I put in and then sit around without any behavioral change and watch the weight drop and turn into a loose sack of skin. Expected weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week with proper dieting and some added exercise. The regulated weight loss helps with the loose skin, even though there may be some.

The main purpose of the band is to make it nearly impossible to overeat and keep you on track. It's still up to me to put the proper food and nutrition in my body and add some exercise. Being a male and being relatively young really increases my chance to exceed expectations. I've read as many horror stories and long term studies that I could find on effectiveness. I've watched dozens of people's personal video diaries documenting their progress from day one to post op 2 years later.

I have health issues to be concerned about and a family that needs me. If dropping 17 grand helps me achieve my goal for weight loss and gets me off of blood pressure meds, my cpap machine, takes away aches and pains and allows me to spend more time with my kids and not make them the kids with the fat dad, it will be the best money ever spent. If not, I tried and I will continue to try.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    on the serious side, this is serious business. they're cutting into your stomach. take it serious. don't eat too much and change what you eat. if you pop this band, the surgery is very involved and you could die from sepsis (massive infection). I honestly don't agree with your decision to do this, but if it is the only way you'll take positive control of your life then so be it. do not require a second one or get stapled or anything more than what you're doing now.

you really should see a psychologist/therapist about why you are eating so much (and depression i'm guessing).
    I'm aware of every complication associated with these bands, and they don't "pop." Also, I'm not depressed. I'm honestly an extremely happy guy. My weight aside, I couldn't ask for things to be going much better in my life. I developed some terrible habits in the past and am still paying for them. So far, i haven't had much success breaking them permanently, so this is hopefully what can help with that.

Tallica, you've obviously put a tonne of thought into this and are making the best decision for YOU.

Maybe because this thread was out of the blue, some of the members mistakenly felt the decision was out of the blue as well.

Best of luck to you man! Stay strong-willed and you can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    IExpected weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week with proper dieting and some added exercise. The regulated weight loss helps with the loose skin, even though there may be some.

The main purpose of the band is to make it nearly impossible to overeat and keep you on track. It's still up to me to put the proper food and nutrition in my body and add some exercise. Being a male and being relatively young really increases my chance to exceed expectations. I've read as many horror stories and long term studies that I could find on effectiveness. I've watched dozens of people's personal video diaries documenting their progress from day one to post op 2 years later.
    As I said earlier, my friend has done it. When he worked at it, he dropped from 315 pounds to 225 and it's really a minor arthrscopic type surgery. He stopped working at it a year or so ago and he's back up to 265 and holding, but his weight fluctuates whenever he goes and gets the band tightened again as the way he eats invariably causes it to loosen. You'll have a short while getting used to it (eating too fast will make you throw up) but for the most part it just makes you eat slowly so you can't cram a lot of food down your throat. It's successful, and if you work at it with your diet and do some exercise and keep at it, you'll be successful too - just like a normal diet. As long as you keep in mind it's a tool to assist you in your weight loss and not a magic cure all, you'll be fine. Good luck!

I'm aware of every complication associated with these bands, and they don't "pop." Also, I'm not depressed. I'm honestly an extremely happy guy. My weight aside, I couldn't ask for things to be going much better in my life. I developed some terrible habits in the past and am still paying for them. So far, i haven't had much success breaking them permanently, so this is hopefully what can help with that.
    pop wasn't literal, but if you've consulted with the surgeon already then you've heard what does happen if you over eat, and you know what happens then.

Is your wife going to help you out by keeping some of your favorite foods out of the house? Or even go on a similar diet as well? It's really helpful when you have someone on the same diet as you in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Is your wife going to help you out by keeping some of your favorite foods out of the house? Or even go on a similar diet as well? It's really helpful when you have someone on the same diet as you in the house
    Yeah, she's super supportive and would like to lose about 30lbs herself, so she is going to do it with me.

I appreciate your thoughts and advice BD, honestly. However, this was not a decision made in haste, nor is it something I will be talked out of at this point. I think there is a lot about the procedure that you and many others on here are unaware of and that's understandable. First, the device is in for life unless their is a complication. Complications are extremely low percentage in this procedure, and if there are, it's easily removed. It's a tool to help assist with all of things you are suggesting, that's all. It's not something I put in and then sit around without any behavioral change and watch the weight drop and turn into a loose sack of skin. Expected weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week with proper dieting and some added exercise. The regulated weight loss helps with the loose skin, even though there may be some.

I have health issues to be concerned about and a family that needs me. If dropping 17 grand helps me achieve my goal for weight loss and gets me off of blood pressure meds, my cpap machine, takes away aches and pains and allows me to spend more time with my kids and not make them the kids with the fat dad, it will be the best money ever spent. If not, I tried and I will continue to try.

Good for you man. I'm stoked for you.

And I wish you the best.

Please ban Nate.