Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I think the "lighter guys can't finish" thing might be getting overblown because so much of the focus in the decision has been Mighty Mouse (who undoubtedly is a decision guy). The same thing was said about 135, but now we've got guys like Menjivar, McDonald and Pickett ending fights on a reasonably constant basis. Considering some of the top 125 pound guys have only 2 fights in the division, there's a lot of room for things to develop and shake out. Hell, Dodson only had 4 UFC fights total including the title shot, and he won 2 of those by TKO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank god for TUF Mexico.

They'll have a full division in no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Pointless to have this division. The Strawman Champion retired years ago and now spends his days driving his Viper and playing games on his three computers.

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Are... are you... Willow?

I mean Warwick. Mr Davis?
    If Forest can cut from 240 and Dancin' Andy can cut from 210+ then I can easily cut 25 lbs to be a straw weight fighter!

All they need now is a Paperweight division and Timbo can make his comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If Forest can cut from 240 and Dancin' Andy can cut from 210+ then I can easily cut 25 lbs to be a straw weight fighter!
    Not true for a variety of reasons for the vast majority of every human on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    First title shot to Faber.
    Or Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    I hope they wait until the flyweight division fills out. They've got 13 fighters now... that's about 1/2 the size of the nearest division (Heavyweight, 27). If they create a new division you can usually expect at least 1/3 of the higher division to drop down.

So I can only imagine this is at least a year or two off.
    This is exactly the post I was going to make.

I don't get why the UFC is thinking about a strawweight division when its flyweight division has been around for nearly a year, yet still only has a dozen guys. If there's so many small guys that we need a new division, then why isn't the UFC signing them?

I know they're planning for the future, but why announce a new thing when the thing you just made still sucks?

Just because one division has hardly any fighters doesn't mean a lighter weight won't have that many. I'm sure there are a TON of people in Mexico and the Phillipines who are nipping at the heels ready to get in there and scrap.

I hate agreeing with Shamrocked but his point is solid: a Cruiserweight division is a lot more viable than a Strawweight division. It's the division that undersized heavyweights like Cormier, Barry and even Bones Jones should be competing it, while lifting the ceiling on the heavyweight limit to 285.