Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It's down to Chris Weidman or Rashad Evans to fight Anderson Silva next

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
    Dana: if Rashad wins on Saturday and wants to go to 185, I would consider him vs Anderson. It's down to him and Weidman.

So......no 1 contender or unranked in weightclass Rashad. Wiedman doesnt need to wait for that phone call because its not coming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

well i doubt lil nog wins but ya never know. i now want lil nog to win due to this

I actually hope they don't give it to Weidman at this point. Injury lay-off plus the stuff with his home, I'd like to see him in another fight to make sure he's got his head-on straight before they give him to Anderson. Why not stick him in with Vitor or the Bisping/Belcher winner (since neither is likely getting a shot any time soon).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Splatoon View Post
    I actually hope they don't give it to Weidman at this point. Injury lay-off plus the stuff with his home, I'd like to see him in another fight to make sure he's got his head-on straight before they give him to Anderson. Why not stick him in with Vitor or the Bisping/Belcher winner (since neither is likely getting a shot any time soon).
    Splatoon or Elation(thank you autocorrect) is right on target. You don't fight the greatest in the world coming off a long injury. Get a fight under your belt wit someone easier and then take Anderson on.

I'd rather see Weidman get the shot over Rashad because A. he has more than 0 career wins at MW, and B. his gameplan won't be just to ****ing lay on Anderson and run down the clock.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

silva wants a fight in the spring, weidman wont be back til july... why not make rashad/silva if rashad wins?

i see absolutely no downside here

For money, Rashad/Silva but if you want to try and give the impression your rankings are legit, you give it to Wiedman.

Repent Ash, repent!

Silva already sits enough... Imagine if he didnt take The bonnar fight... U wanna keep him out til july? Terrible

He's old and needs a couple of years between fights to recover.

Repent Ash, repent!