Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Playstation 4 nearly here?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/0...-meeting-2013/
    "Is the next next-generation console almost here? Wired just received an invitation to “PlayStation Meeting 2013,” a press briefing to be held in New York City on Feb. 20, beginning at 6 p.m. Eastern time. It was accompanied by the cryptic video above and contained no further information.

With Sony heavily rumored to be announcing (and possibly releasing) its next-generation game machine this year, and with absolutely no details being offered on this out-of-the-ordinary press conference, it seems quite likely that Sony is about to debut PlayStation 4. But of course, we won’t know for sure until the day of the show.

“Sony is inviting investors and media to the Feb 20 event; that means console announcement,” wrote Wedbush game industry analyst Michael Pachter on Twitter immediately following the news.

In March of last year, Kotaku reported that Sony’s next console had the development name “Orbis,” which has been repeatedly confirmed by additional reports over the past year. At the time, it reported that Orbis was on track for a holiday 2013 release. Rival Microsoft is also said to be close to announcing and releasing its next Xbox game machine, codenamed “Durango.”

There have been many purported leaks of the design and specification of Orbis, including one recent story from January 28. But it’s not likely that the raw processing power of the next PlayStation will be what truly defines it as a product. In an app-driven age, software — the interface and functionality of the device — is key. So that’s what Sony is likely to spend a lot of time discussing on February 20: What can PS4 do for you?"

I know this guy is excited!!I also hope it doesnt play used games and isnt backwards compatible so I dont have to fight a bunch of cry babies to buy one.

Bleh, if this gen has taught me anything its that I play my PC waaaaayyyy more then any of my 3 consoles (360, ps3 and wii).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

good another person I wouldnt have to fight to buy one.Its been a long time since Ive been able to buy a console on release day.Rumored at 400 bucks.

PS4 is rumoured to be coming this year, so this bit of news doesn't surprise me one bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do know with Sony bleeding money that if it is the PS4 it better be a home run.The must be pushing up the release date to try to save the year.If it a new console I would be more inclined to believe a summer release than a holiday one as originally thought

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    I do know with Sony bleeding money that if it is the PS4 it better be a home run.The must be pushing up the release date to try to save the year.If it a new console I would be more inclined to believe a summer release than a holiday one as originally thought
    Sony's been bleeding everywhere except the video game department. Rolling out a new machine is something of a no-brainer on their part. They are scaling back particularly on televisions. I heard the specs aren't really that much of a leap compared to modern PCs. The CPU is said to be much better than on the Wii U, but the RAM department is like half of what is being offered on Wii U.

it's probably a new playstation eye
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    good another person I wouldnt have to fight to buy one.Its been a long time since Ive been able to buy a console on release day.Rumored at 400 bucks.
    Buying consoles on release day is never worth it. Huge lineups, ****ty prices, limited games and all kinds of patches and bugs.

Nothing excites me less than gaming rumours. There are so many, and so few accurate ones.

Between the video and the email Sony sent out to playstation plus members I got tonight about holding a place in line at the conference for me,I'm willing to go 95% on it being the console.Sony has to beat Microsoft out the gate this time.I can't see it being anything else