Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Should the unwilling, accidental father be forced to pay?

Voters
23. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should pay child support.

21 91.30%
  • No, he shouldn't.

2 8.70%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Spectre wants the U.S. to be the worlds welfare daddy doling out money and now he posts a thread about abandoning a baby. Sweet jumpin jehosophat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Spectre wants the U.S. to be the worlds welfare daddy doling out money and now he posts a thread about abandoning a baby.
    I don't know what you're talking about RE: the first part of the sentence. I haven't expressed any opinions in this thread, RE: the last part of your sentence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think he should pay. The fact that Mr Hypothetical Man was blackout drunk is not an excuse for irresponsible behaviour.

My own personal ethics about this kind of thing boil down to the fact that no one should ever get sexually involved with someone they wouldn't want to raise a kid with. As far as I am concerned it is up to the woman if she wants to abort or keep it; That choice has way more cost to the woman which ever way it goes. The guy should have some input, but Mr Hypothetical is just a goddamn cheerleader at this point. Abortion, Adoption, or keeping it is entirely the woman's choice.

If you don't want a kid, NEVER have sex with someone who would want to keep your accident.

If you don't have your own **** together to avoid knocking someone up a woman who would not abort or give it up for adoption, then you deserve to spend your life paying for the mistake of being criminally retarded. Whether or not he wants to help raise the kid is on him, but if she is keeping it, then the guy is on the hook to pay a reasonable amount of child support. Emphasis on reasonable.

I would assume that Mr Hypothetical would not bother with visitation rights or any such thing. Whatever amount Mr Hypothetical pays in child support, the woman electing to keep the accident is going to be giving up a **** ton more than some dude who is paying for support.

Whether or not legal enforcement of payment should happen in this case is a different problem. But I figure that society has an obligation to avoid having children that no one is responsible for.

The real power a guy has is whether or not to create the problem in the first place. First discussion that needs to happen before Mr Hypothetical puts his dick anywhere near a baby factory is what his intentions are. If you really don't want kids, use the back door.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    I think he should pay. The fact that Mr Hypothetical Man was blackout drunk is not an excuse for irresponsible behaviour.

My own personal ethics about this kind of thing boil down to the fact that no one should ever get sexually involved with someone they wouldn't want to raise a kid with. As far as I am concerned it is up to the woman if she wants to abort or keep it; That choice has way more cost to the woman which ever way it goes. The guy should have some input, but Mr Hypothetical is just a goddamn cheerleader at this point. Abortion, Adoption, or keeping it is entirely the woman's choice.

If you don't want a kid, NEVER have sex with someone who would want to keep your accident.

If you don't have your own **** together to avoid knocking someone up a woman who would not abort or give it up for adoption, then you deserve to spend your life paying for the mistake of being criminally retarded. Whether or not he wants to help raise the kid is on him, but if she is keeping it, then the guy is on the hook to pay a reasonable amount of child support. Emphasis on reasonable.

I would assume that Mr Hypothetical would not bother with visitation rights or any such thing. Whatever amount Mr Hypothetical pays in child support, the woman electing to keep the accident is going to be giving up a **** ton more than some dude who is paying for support.

Whether or not legal enforcement of payment should happen in this case is a different problem. But I figure that society has an obligation to avoid having children that no one is responsible for.

The real power a guy has is whether or not to create the problem in the first place. First discussion that needs to happen before Mr Hypothetical puts his dick anywhere near a baby factory is what his intentions are. If you really don't want kids, use the back door.

END COMMUNICATION
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    Sofargone is right too. You don't want to fall behind on those payments. My father-in-law's disability check is still being garnished to this day and his youngest kid is 23. Apparently the state is making him pay back any assistance that his ex received while he wasn't paying child support for however many years it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about RE: the first part of the sentence. I haven't expressed any opinions in this thread, RE: the last part of your sentence.
    You know exactly what I mean. You abandon the baby and individual responsibility while simultaneously wanting the gov to play sugar daddy. If you knock up some dirty, stinky hippy chick at an anonymous rally, then buck up and pay for the little commies diapers.

As someone whose father never paid a dime to my mother for raising me, it sickens me that this is even up for debate. There is NO possible scenario, outside of forced rape or stolen sperm where a man should not have to take financial responsibility for his child.

If it wasn't for "accident kids" half of us wouldn't even be here.

And the only reason Nate made it this far was because he somehow dodged the coat hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by KnockOut View Post
    As someone whose father never paid a dime to my mother for raising me, it sickens me that this is even up for debate. There is NO possible scenario, outside of forced rape or stolen sperm where a man should not have to take financial responsibility for his child.
    This is no knock at you Knockout but I agree with Nate in this thread. The woman had a child that the guy did not want. People always look at the monetary value of child support but they never look at the emotional side of child support. You can pay money or not to a child but the real problem in America is not the monetary aspect but the emotional aspect of raising a child. If the guy wants to abort the child then more than likely he won't want to raise the child as his own when she/he is born. Then, a majority of the time, you are left with a child who has no real perspective on what a real loving father/man should be like and instead all you get is a child whose whole perspective on life is majority based on one parent's perspective.

Also, I see no real blame for the woman here. What kind of woman will have a child on a drunken one night stand? She knows going in that she can't raise the child alone which is why the child support question exists. The guy is basically being a guy here. He's drunk, he's sees a woman good enough to have sex with, and has sex with her. If anything in this situation you can debate whether or not the woman is responsible enough to have a child.

Now we know why Nate is so touchy on this subject

We are all creatures that reproduce just like every other animal and insect on this earth. It's how life continues. It doesn't matter how it happened. You stick your dick in her and she allows it you're both responsible for raising the child. Nurture and provide.