Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Should the unwilling, accidental father be forced to pay?

Voters
23. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should pay child support.

21 91.30%
  • No, he shouldn't.

2 8.70%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    are you really suggesting that a guy shouldn't sleep with anyone he doesn't completely trust? that's laughable. where is that line? marriage?
    Yes, that is pretty much what I am suggesting, and I am not trying to troll.

More specifically, I suggest that you either limit your choice of partners to people you completely trust, or you acknowledge that every time you park your dick in a meat box your doing something that has a very real chance of some seriously life altering consequences. You either **** up your own life (child support or unwanted kid, STD's, etc) or her life (same issue's as the guy plus very real social and professional consequences). Both parents are on the hook for how ****ed up the kids life is (no guarantee that adoptive parents are going to be awesome parents).

Suggesting that getting an abortion or giving up a child for adoption is not something that can seriously **** up a persons mental and emotional stability is just ****ing stupid.

Anyway, I fully acknowledge that my views on this may not be shared. We can disagree, and I think this is a good time for me to leave the conversation. Neither of us is likely to convince the other that they are wrong here.

END COMMUNICATION

^^^perhaps but i guarantee you that if she knew she'd be on her own, she'd be much more likely to do the right thing.

which is to not try to trap someone in the first place

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Because this round was a blowout lol. When the only guy arguing is Nate, then there's not really much else to add. I made the thread with the impression that more people would side with the misogynistic "Don't pay!!" side, but mmafighting.net has, for once, exceeded my expectations.
    thinking that men should have more say in what role they'll play isn't misogyny, it's common sense. again, subtract the hyperbole and you'll see my arguments are completely sane.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're responsible for your dick. You get somebody pregnant, you had better be willing to be responsible for supporting the kid.

The only way I could agree is if the guy didn't want it and the girl agreed that he would never be responsible for any payments (my stepsister in law has done this...wanted the kid but nothing to do with the guy, and the guy wanted nothing to do with the kid). Then it's an agreement between two parties. Unfortunately, when times get hard, the girl can always renege on her statement and come back to the guy for back child support.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Ryt View Post
    I say yes he has to pay. But only because I have to. The same woman who told me she would never go after me for child support did just that the very day we split up. 500 a month can hurt a dudes wallet.
    I feel your pain bruh. That's $500 of your take home too.
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    I'm not sure if you're joking or anything but I haven't adopted any kids and I don't give any money to any charity. But when I say I hate pro-lifers I mean those people who are blinded by blind faith and don't have any reasoning behind their decisions. Like people who don't believe a rape victim should abort their child, like two 16 year olds who were stupid and didn't use protection and now they have to put their life on hold to raise a child, most often, poorly or just generally people who are not fit to raise children but still have unprotected sex.

I'm all for free abortion.
    Yeah you should totally be able to kill another human being because you were too irresponsible to have a child

Quote Originally Posted by Sofargone View Post
    I think I have stated before that CS is a fkn scam that is intended and used as a punishment to the non-custodial parent. If you have a kid/kids and you want primary custody you damn well better be able to support them regardless of receiving CS. In too many cases I see the custodial parents smoking and joking because so and so is paying them support or blowing their fkn horn because the supposedly can't make ends meet because a lack of CS. With that said if you have kids then you should want to help support them and should be paying CS. The system is so broken though.

Anyways I could rail on forever on this subject.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    This is no knock at you Knockout but I agree with Nate in this thread. The woman had a child that the guy did not want. People always look at the monetary value of child support but they never look at the emotional side of child support. You can pay money or not to a child but the real problem in America is not the monetary aspect but the emotional aspect of raising a child. If the guy wants to abort the child then more than likely he won't want to raise the child as his own when she/he is born. Then, a majority of the time, you are left with a child who has no real perspective on what a real loving father/man should be like and instead all you get is a child whose whole perspective on life is majority based on one parent's perspective.
    Interesting point. I also feel the involvement of the father in the child's life is vastly more important than monetary support. The real problem is father's not raising their kids and/or mother's trying to keep a child's father out of their life. If you father a child, accident or no, it is your responsibility to raise that child. That does include monetary support but more important it means you are an actual father to the child. Sometimes the mother makes this near impossible, but if you're not using every means at your disposal to assert your parental rights then you're a POS imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cbear View Post
    i didnt look at the vote. And its good you would pay for diapers for the little pud. Go to the dirty hippy commune his momis in and visit him sometime. Take him a che tee shirt made if hemp.
    .lmao

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    No. What your supposed to do is either have enough goddamn self control that you keep your dick in your goddamn pants.
    END COMMUNICATION
    Or settle for a BJ. Those are nice too. Or go full anal.