Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's next for Maia?

Now that he handled fitch, maia has elevated himself towards the top of the division.... the problem? the "top 6" welterweights are locked into matches with each other at ufc 158, danas calling it a welterweight tourney... soooo where do you put maia next?

you book him again quickly? who's out there? woodley, erick silva, winner of kos/lawler...

wait to see who comes out of the welterweight tourney? do you try to insert him somehow into that group? is he just outside of the top5 or 6?

maia at 170 is very interesting right now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Someone will get injured....

Yeah im still blown away how easily he ran through fitch.man that was insane. give him woodley,or silva id say

Dana said at the post fight conference, they will wait until after UFC 158 to figure out where Maia is placed. My guess is he fights the winner of Rory-Condit or fights Ellenberger if he were to beat Hendricks.

He has to be next in line after Hendricks.

Maury Povich in 9 months after Fitch requests a DNA test...all jokes aside. I was thoroughly impressed with Maia. I'm still laughing at Rogan pointing out how pissed Fitch was at getting grappled to death.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love Maia at welterweight. It's such a wrestler-heavy division at the top, and he seems to be having no problem going through guys who are known for a stifling wrestling game. It's hard for me to imagine him taking St-Pierre down so easily, but he went through Fitch like butter.

how about giving him tarec?

Quote Originally Posted by ante_up81 View Post
    how about giving him tarec?
    With all the contenders getting knocked off these days, the UFC has to be careful giving named guys to nobodies. Saffiedine isn't exactly a nobody, since he was the final Strikeforce champion, but he doesn't have anywhere near the credibility of any top 10 UFC welterweight. Fitch was definitely a more notable fighter than Saffiedine.

I could see them putting Maia up against Kampann, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Diaz, Condit or McDonald, depending on how things turn out and how long he'll wait around.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    With all the contenders getting knocked off these days, the UFC has to be careful giving named guys to nobodies. Saffiedine isn't exactly a nobody, since he was the final Strikeforce champion, but he doesn't have anywhere near the credibility of any top 10 UFC welterweight. Fitch was definitely a more notable fighter than Saffiedine.

I could see them putting Maia up against Kampann, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Diaz, Condit or McDonald, depending on how things turn out and how long he'll wait around.
    I think it has to be one of the last three, unless Ellenberger beats Hendricks. Given how easily he handled Fitch, I don't Kos has absolutely anything to offer Maia. Maybe he gets the loser of Condit/McDonald.

Originally Posted by Ash
    I think all sigs should have a 2 cock minimum.

Maia vs Tarec actually makes a lot of sense right now. It would of been perfect had Marquardt beat Tarec and they could do Maia-Marquardt II