Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Lombard's too high. Belcher is too low. Carwin is laughable. Kos is also too high.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Ash
    I think all sigs should have a 2 cock minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    here's my women rankings based off the roster

Champion: Ronda Rousey
    1. Liz Carmouche
    2. Frankie edgar
    Fixed for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    Thoughts on the list:

Flyweight:

Is Ian McCall debatable at number 3?

Featherweight:

Guida got on the list with that horrible win against Hioki?

Middleweight:

Munoz over Lombard, Belcher, and Boetsch? No....just no. The fact that Lombard is over Boetsch is even questionable.

Heavyweight:

Carwin on that list is a crime. That being said, they need to shuffle 5-7. 5 should be Big Nog, 6 should be Mir, and 7 should be Overeem.
    I love nog but Mir beat him twice. Carwin in was on the ultimate fighter he's still relevant. Lol

Just goes to show once you get past the top 3 guys, things are very debatable. Vitor being so high on the list is crazy. He hits one good high kick and is now the divisions savior?

Repent Ash, repent!

On that same token - he beat someone near the top of the division in what was supposed to be that contenders coming out party (again).

So, yeah. I'm ok with his ranking.

These rankings are meaningless - but I don't think they're that bad. Again, you can nitpick ANYTHING to death here - I think for the most part they did a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Just goes to show once you get past the top 3 guys, things are very debatable. Vitor being so high on the list is crazy. He hits one good high kick and is now the divisions savior?
    He almost armbared Jones. We all heard Rogan. The submission was tight and Jones is in a lot of trouble. Dana should make a catch weight division for vitor.

These rankings seem pretty legit. Sure, there's going to be stuff that makes no sense, but overall I think it's pretty solid.

What's a little confusing is that the UFC puts out a ranking system, which, in part, is supposed to determine contenders at a time when they are consistently disregarding rankings when awarding title shots. Does this mean they want to move away from Jones vs. Sonnen type match-ups? Because it sure doesn't look that way, since they just announced Aldo vs. Pettis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    Thoughts on the list:

Flyweight:

Is Ian McCall debatable at number 3?

Featherweight:

Guida got on the list with that horrible win against Hioki?

Middleweight:

Munoz over Lombard, Belcher, and Boetsch? No....just no. The fact that Lombard is over Boetsch is even questionable.

Heavyweight:

Carwin on that list is a crime. That being said, they need to shuffle 5-7. 5 should be Big Nog, 6 should be Mir, and 7 should be Overeem.
    I think McCall at 3 is just fine. I can see someone making the case for McCall to actually be #2 and Dodson #3.

Guida should be on the list after beating Hioki. I think most people thought he lost the fight, but it is what it is. Hioki is a difficult guy to beat, and hopefully he adapts to American style fighting soon.

"...there are no wrong answers, as long as you can intelligently defend yourself."

I thought this was a humorous choice of words.

This could have just as easily wound up in the **** Chael Sonnen says thread, but since it's directed at the new rankings specifically, it might as well go here.

As we've come to expect from Sonnen, it's pretty funny:

"I never understood what the fascination is with putting a number next to someone's name. I did this my entire 10 years of college with girls I dated and I can assure you it never ended well. First and foremost, when people judge (other) people it's never fair. You got a bunch a media guys who really don't know a ton about the sport and every time you say that they take it as a huge insult but the reality is they don't. They go into a press conference with one thing, they hear the boss Dana White say something, they change their rankings on the spot so they can get into that big steak dinner the UFC hands out with the press conference. Let's make sure we understand how they came to be."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/6/395...ings-media-mma