Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    Not that I have ever heard of, but you do have limits on what you can take. For example, if you have a deer hunting license there is a very specific season for hunting deer and you have a maximum number that you can kill in that season. Same goes with fishing (I have my trout license and can only take 3 per day)

    I have never heard of anyone hunting in Denmark in all my time there (and I have spent plenty of time in Jutland and Funen when I was working for LEGO). I also never recall seeing any deer there ever. I didnt think you had any.
    No, Denmark is a very pacifist nation and most people don't really look to fondly upon hunting. I'm half Faroese and have lived a big part of my life there and there's a different mentality up there in regards to hunting. Almost everybody knows how to skin a sheep, shoot hares and kill whales. So I guess my attitude towards hunting comes from my Faroese side.
    There are plenty of deer in Denmark though. There are about 120.000 deer of different species in Denmark. They might be hard to spot though as they mostly live far from the cities and in clusters around the wooded areas. You know which cities you were at or did you just travel around Jutland and Funen?

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    No, Denmark is a very pacifist nation and most people don't really look to fondly upon hunting. I'm half Faroese and have lived a big part of my life there and there's a different mentality up there in regards to hunting. Almost everybody knows how to skin a sheep, shoot hares and kill whales. So I guess my attitude towards hunting comes from my Faroese side.
    There are plenty of deer in Denmark though. There are about 120.000 deer of different species in Denmark. They might be hard to spot though as they mostly live far from the cities and in clusters around the wooded areas. You know which cities you were at or did you just travel around Jutland and Funen?
    I was mostly in Billund, Vijle and Kolding (where most of my co-workers lived), but we often went down to Sonderborg or up to Aarhus and Silkeborg. Stayed in Odense a few times to explore and obviously plenty of time in Copenhagen. I'd usually fly home on Fri or Sat AM and spend the night before in Copenhagen (since there is NOTHING to do in Billund and even the LEGOland Hotel gets boring after you've been there 100 times). I really enjoyed the country and the people. Denmark is really a great country on so many levels.

    We often had discussions about Americans views on guns since they were so foreign to most people in Denmark. They just could not understand our fascination with them and why we all felt this need to have them. One of my bosses from the US was a far right winger from AL and he would just go on and on for hours about how important it was to own guns and use them and protect yourself, etc, etc. I would just sit back and when someone would look at me to see how I felt I would just shrug my shoulders and say , "Don't look at me. I dont live in AL." It was a huge disconnect for most Danes.
    Last edited by danl08; 02-08-2013 at 09:27 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    I was mostly in Billund, Vijle and Kolding (where most of my co-workers lived), but we often went down to Sonderborg or up to Aarhus and Silkeborg. Stayed in Odense a few times to explore and obviously plenty of time in Copenhagen. I'd usually fly home on Fri or Sat AM and spend the night before in Copenhagen (since there is NOTHING to do in Billund and even the LEGOland Hotel gets boring after you've been there 100 times). I really enjoyed the country and the people. Denmark is really a great country on so many levels.
    Odense is a nice city as well. I've lived there for 3-4 years when I was a kid and have been there a couple of times since. But yeah, it seems that you were around the larger towns and cities in Denmark. There are a couple of forested areas and parks around the Greater Copenhagen area where you can see plenty of deer. I haven't really seen much of Jutland as I've mostly been to the very north or just driving through so I can't say how frequently one can spot deer there.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    29,565

    Default

    I know a REALLY hot Thai chick who lives in Copenhagen. She was an exchange student when I was in high school and I LOVED banging the sh1t out of her (quite literally - backdoor).

    Not sure how this relates to this thread - but you should look her up Spasgur.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I know a REALLY hot Thai chick who lives in Copenhagen. She was an exchange student when I was in high school and I LOVED banging the sh1t out of her (quite literally - backdoor).

    Not sure how this relates to this thread - but you should look her up Spasgur.
    Thanks man, I will.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kalispell
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    Not that I have ever heard of, but you do have limits on what you can take. For example, if you have a deer hunting license there is a very specific season for hunting deer and you have a maximum number that you can kill in that season. Same goes with fishing (I have my trout license and can only take 3 per day)

    I have never heard of anyone hunting in Denmark in all my time there (and I have spent plenty of time in Jutland and Funen when I was working for LEGO). I also never recall seeing any deer there ever. I didnt think you had any.
    You didn't fully answer Spasgur's question. Here in the states we do pay for the animals we hunt by buying hunting licenses. Most states require you to buy a seperate license or tag for whichever species of animal you hunt. Here in Montana I can buy a Sportman License which is a combo tag that allows me to fish, take one antlered deer, one antlered elk, one bear and all the upland birds (grouse) within limits for a year. It costs about $120 per year or you can buy the tags individually and save some money if you don't want to go after everything. We then have to apply for lottery drawings for the rarer game animals such as moose, big horn sheep and mountain goats. Those tags are $130 each and your money is refunded if you don't draw the tag in the lottery. However, if you are not a Montana resident then the tags are pretty costly - $550 deer, $350 bear, $750 moose. They also offer non resident combo tags for $800 or so that allow you to fish and shoot one deer and elk per year. I believe a lot of the other western states hunting tags are way more expensive than Montana especially for non residents.
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    66,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    Thanks man, I will.
    You want to look up a chick Bulldog nailed in the ass? Oh lawd no.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    66,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
    You didn't fully answer Spasgur's question. Here in the states we do pay for the animals we hunt by buying hunting licenses. Most states require you to buy a seperate license or tag for whichever species of animal you hunt. Here in Montana I can buy a Sportman License which is a combo tag that allows me to fish, take one antlered deer, one antlered elk, one bear and all the upland birds (grouse) within limits for a year. It costs about $120 per year or you can buy the tags individually and save some money if you don't want to go after everything. We then have to apply for lottery drawings for the rarer game animals such as moose, big horn sheep and mountain goats. Those tags are $130 each and your money is refunded if you don't draw the tag in the lottery. However, if you are not a Montana resident then the tags are pretty costly - $550 deer, $350 bear, $750 moose. They also offer non resident combo tags for $800 or so that allow you to fish and shoot one deer and elk per year. I believe a lot of the other western states hunting tags are way more expensive than Montana especially for non residents.

    All true and yes, out of staters pay alot more. On top of all that, if you go on a guided hunt on a game ranch (canned hunt) you pay for the deer you harvest based on how they score on Boone and Crockett. I hate this **** because its like shopping in a supermarket for a trophy deer. These trophy animals can cost tens of thousands of dollars so you better not kill the wrong animal on a canned hunt or you may have to sell your house to pay for it.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,424

    Default



    or


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  10. Default

    Tried to find the other gun thread but no luck since you have to have more than three letters for the search function.

    Anyway a co-worker just gave me a Kel-Tek P-32 and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular weapon? Seems like a good gun for carrying even though it's on the smaller side. I'll have to find a mag with a bottom grip or whatever thats called because my hand is too big for this one.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •