Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I personally hope Carmouche destroys Rousey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I like Liz and probably rooting for her. Ronda is cute but almost as arrogant as HULK so it gets annoying.

I want Liz to knock Ronda out... big time.

I don't have anything against WMMA, I just think Ronda's so full of herself right now, she needs the Alistair Overreen treatment. It'll look good on Dana too.

@jedigavin

Sorry to break it to you guys, but Ronda will destroy Liz in this fight... with ease.
    R.I.P. Cameron

I'm going to eat your children!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    I almost prefaced in my last post with the the fact that the naysayers will attribute a good buy rate to the other fights on the card. However, if this card puts up anything north of 400,000 buys, that has to be attributed to some peak in interest for the main event. 500K or more would be a huge number. No one else on the card has proven to be a major draw as a main event, let alone as someone lower on the card. If this does 150K or less, I think it's bad news. 150-250K is probably disappointing. 250-300K is probably in line with an average card lacking major star power.
    RR has a bunch of mainstream media appearances over the coming weeks.
    I think that the card might actually bring in OK numbers.

full frontal is the only thing that will make this the best one yet.
    I will predict 150,000 buys for this show.You do know that ticket sales are in the complete toilet if that is any indication of the level of interest/excitement.

Notes on a TV show that you really have to see

I just saw tonight's UFC Prime Time episode, the first of a three-part series with Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche.

It is the best episode easily that UFC has done of the show, not so much as in hyping the fight but in covering a series of subjects.

Up until the final few minutes, the portrayal of Liz Carmouche, while brief compared to the star treatment of Rousey, stole the show. It was a very healthy and non-judgmental portrayal of her coming to grips with being a lesbian, and her very modest lifestyle working 14 hours a day in a local gym, answering phones, opening, closing, cleaning up, setting up and teaching classes.

It was the exact opposite of the usual larger-than-life superstar presentation of a UFC main event fighter.

As for the last few minutes, you just have to see it, particularly when Rousey outwardly questions herself with her conflict about prostituting her father's death for her career gain.

The show airs as early as 6 p.m. on some FSN affiliates. Check your local affiliate for the time in your area. It also airs on Fuel at midnight Eastern and 9 p.m. Pacific.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I thought it was well done, here is a link of the whole episode for anyone who wants to check it out

Andy Wang #1 P4P

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Notes on a TV show that you really have to see

I just saw tonight's UFC Prime Time episode, the first of a three-part series with Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche.

It is the best episode easily that UFC has done of the show, not so much as in hyping the fight but in covering a series of subjects.

Up until the final few minutes, the portrayal of Liz Carmouche, while brief compared to the star treatment of Rousey, stole the show. It was a very healthy and non-judgmental portrayal of her coming to grips with being a lesbian, and her very modest lifestyle working 14 hours a day in a local gym, answering phones, opening, closing, cleaning up, setting up and teaching classes.

It was the exact opposite of the usual larger-than-life superstar presentation of a UFC main event fighter.

As for the last few minutes, you just have to see it, particularly when Rousey outwardly questions herself with her conflict about prostituting her father's death for her career gain.

The show airs as early as 6 p.m. on some FSN affiliates. Check your local affiliate for the time in your area. It also airs on Fuel at midnight Eastern and 9 p.m. Pacific.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I agree. I think it was very well done. Both fighters' segments were really enjoyable. The series seems to be getting better with each new addition. I thought the GSP/Diaz one was very good, but this appears to be even better.

I kinda felt like they were rushing to tell everyone Carmouche was a lesbian. They mentioned it in the very first sentence of her first segment. I know the UFC has been under some scrutiny for Dana's and other fighters' language regarding homosexuals in the past, and this kinda seemed like they were in a hurry to say "SEE! SEE! WE HAVE A LESBIAN FIGHTER!" I know it's something Carmouche is proud to discuss and be an advocate for, so it is definitely something that needs to be a big part of her story. I thought they might get into her childhood or something first.

I'm rooting for Liz so that she can escape poverty.