Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

Thread: Vitamin D

Default Vitamin D

Had a physical last week and coincidentally shortly thereafter I started feeling extremely tired. No other symptoms other than being tired from the moment I woke up until I went back to bed. Started taking vitamin D and along with a lot of rest I was feeling 100% better within a few days (I attribute this to a lot of rest rather than a few days of vitamin D). Got my results from blood work a day or so after I rebounded back to health and it turns out my Vitamin D was low. Never been a vitamin guy to speak of but I'm sticking with it now. 1000 UI per day as suggested on the bottle.

Anyone else in cold climates using vitamin D? Has it made a difference?

Oh, welcome spam bots to my thread.

I'm afraid of supplements. Probably more so than I should be, but I am. My dad takes waaaay to many and now he is having all sorts of liver and kidney problems. There's no way too know if the causes are because of the years of too many supplements, but in my mind I think they played a role.

A doctor friend of mine once told me the best way to get vitamins was to eat foods that have those vitamins and that you absorb them better. He said that the stuff in supplements is often passed by the body and not absorbed. But I'm sure you could talk to 100 different doctors and get 100 different answers on this subject.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A multivitamin is very underrated.
    Choose a good one, and take it!

Also Skinny, get some sun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonrock View Post
    A doctor friend of mine once told me the best way to get vitamins was to eat foods that have those vitamins and that you absorb them better. He said that the stuff in supplements is often passed by the body and not absorbed. But I'm sure you could talk to 100 different doctors and get 100 different answers on this subject.
    This it true about supplements being poorly absorbed by the body. But some is absorbed. The big problem is that the soil we grow our food in is so depleted, the vitamins and minerals aren't there like they used to be. Add that to massive over processing, and there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Also Skinny, get some sun!
    Easily said than done. For example, the sun was shining today as I looked out the window from where I was working and it made me feel better just seeing it's warm glow. That's how much sun we've been getting here lately.

Fake n Bake, and look like Jersey Shore.

I got the S.A.D. I could use some vit D.

@jedigavin

My daughter was just tested for low Vitamin D. Her doctor wanted to rule it out in light of her spat of broken bones (one arm and two collarbones in three years). Turns out she is just outside the healthy range and well south of where pediatricians want for kids in contact sports.

So now we're going on the 1000 whatever/day dosage.
    Funny I'd never heard of this issue before (except for people living above the arctic circle). Clearly I don't read this forum or listen to any of your cares .

i've heard some reseach about increasing vitamin d intake for healthy folks. kinda reads like junk science but the logic is there. probably due to our sedintary lifestyles compared to 100 years ago if there's anything to it