Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    I love MMA and more fights is great news. I don't understand how someone who loves the sport wouldn't want more fights. I don't know if it's cause I'm already accustomed to watching massive amounts of sports in the form of soccer. I watch at least 12 hours of soccer every weekend and then there often are week matches on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    I'm also a poor, poor student and my love for alcohol makes me wanna go drinking every weekend but MMA events can keep me at home which equates less drinking and more money.
    Does all the alcohol make soccer any more exciting? Good gawd, I can't even watch 12 minutes of soccer much less 12 hours :-)
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
    Does all the alcohol make soccer any more exciting? Good gawd, I can't even watch 12 minutes of soccer much less 12 hours :-)
    I know, it's not a big deal in the US. I sort of figure it's the same with baseball here. But yes, beer goes great with soccer. Me and the friend I go to live matches with brought along a Brit who only watched rugby and didn't really like soccer. We brought him along for the biggest match in Danish football between the two major Copenhagen clubs and beer mixed with being at the supporters stand made the whole thing quite the party, he really enjoyed it. But yeah, I'm a soccerholic, I hate the summer breaks where there are no matches on the weekends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    I love MMA and more fights is great news. I don't understand how someone who loves the sport wouldn't want more fights. I don't know if it's cause I'm already accustomed to watching massive amounts of sports in the form of soccer. I watch at least 12 hours of soccer every weekend and then there often are week matches on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    I'm also a poor, poor student and my love for alcohol makes me wanna go drinking every weekend but MMA events can keep me at home which equates less drinking and more money.
    Maybe watching soccer makes you want to drink? I can totally see that being the case. It's not like Denmark will ever win the World Cup, but at least they qualify unlike Canada, we won't ever beat Martinique, Costa Rica or US Virgin Islands to even qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Maybe watching soccer makes you want to drink? I can totally see that being the case. It's not like Denmark will ever win the World Cup, but at least they qualify unlike Canada, we won't ever beat Martinique, Costa Rica or US Virgin Islands to even qualify.
    Oh I don't give two shts about the Danish national soccer team, fck 'em. My view on this is that there are many players on the national team that play in clubs I dislike and because of that I can't get myself to cheer for them in tournaments that I don't really care about. I'm a die hard fan of FC Copenhagen (the local team) and I follow Arsenal from London in England, and that's it.

Speaking about the Canadian team Denmark just a couple of weeks ago beat Canada 4-0 so I know about the quality of your national team A Canadian did play for Copenhagen though and did very well, he was very popular here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

but you guys have those siiiiiiiiiiiiick Orange uniforms!!!! How can you not like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    To be fair to Denmark it's got to be tough playing soccer in those wooden shoes :-)
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

I'm a soccerholic but for booze.
    "He does lots of weird zen crap and philosophies to keep himself grounded." Thekillerkiwi

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Hmm. More cards. More fights per card. More Bellator as well.

I'm starting to think I'm going to suffer from major MMA overload/burnout soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fightfan10 View Post
    up until a year or so ago, i had seen every ufc fight. but now with all these facebook fights and prelim fights i am starting to miss many fights and i am not tracking them down on the internet afterwards like i used to.

so adding a couple more fights, just means 2 more fights i will not see, and the majority of mma fans will not see.
    More fights is ultimately a good thing.

When the UFC started pushing more cards out, people were saying the same thing:

Too many events.
    I cannot watch all of them.
    Too many fights with fighters I do not know or care about.
    They should scale back to <whatever quantity of fights it is I can be bothered to watch>.

I disagree.

The UFC cannot build its event calendar based on only putting out a number of events that hardcore fans can watch every card and every fight. That applies to the number of events, and it applies to the number of fights on the card. About the only concession I make to over saturation arguments is that the UFC should avoid running multiple PPV events too close together.

Putting on more fights per fight card is great. The only downside is the visual of a mostly empty arena for the first few fights. The upside is that they get more fights without having to plan extra events. If an early prelim is boring, no harm is done. But if the early prelim kicked ass, the UFC often squeezes it into the PPV or televised prelims if the fights are ending fast.

Also, more fights per card means more flexibility in dealing with fights being cancelled due to fighter injury.

No one is strapping you into a chair and making you watch the fights you do not care about. When you have had enough to eat, walk away from the table.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Eater View Post
    I'm a soccerholic but for booze.
    Reminds me of this:
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-...r-booze,10739/

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    More fights is ultimately a good thing.

When the UFC started pushing more cards out, people were saying the same thing:

Too many events.
    I cannot watch all of them.
    Too many fights with fighters I do not know or care about.
    They should scale back to <whatever quantity of fights it is I can be bothered to watch>.

I disagree.

The UFC cannot build its event calendar based on only putting out a number of events that hardcore fans can watch every card and every fight. That applies to the number of events, and it applies to the number of fights on the card. About the only concession I make to over saturation arguments is that the UFC should avoid running multiple PPV events too close together.

Putting on more fights per fight card is great. The only downside is the visual of a mostly empty arena for the first few fights. The upside is that they get more fights without having to plan extra events. If an early prelim is boring, no harm is done. But if the early prelim kicked ass, the UFC often squeezes it into the PPV or televised prelims if the fights are ending fast.

Also, more fights per card means more flexibility in dealing with fights being cancelled due to fighter injury.

No one is strapping you into a chair and making you watch the fights you do not care about. When you have had enough to eat, walk away from the table.

END COMMUNICATION
    Actually, a big fan of having more fights per card, but less events, or at least, less paid events. You can't ask fans to pay every week, but you actually ask them pay every other month. However, people can't really complain about free events. I don't.