Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    i like Overeem unlike a good amount on the board but if this is true

RIP Overeem
    I still think Overeem has a good chance vs JDS. Even if Overeem has serious issues with being hit, he is still a very dangerous striker, and his arsenal of strikes is better than JDS. It also helps that JDS's usual approach to fighting is going to put him at the most risk vs Overeem.

But watching him lose by Hubris and 12 hit combo to Bigfoot makes it difficult to favor him to win.

As for Bigfoot vs Cain part 2, It is hard to see how Bigfoot can defeat Cain. The last fight was a cut stoppage, and the nature of the cut meant that the blood was flowing directly into his eyes when he was on his back. If Bigfoot doesn't get cut, I think he can make it to round 2 before taking so much damage that the ref stops it.

END COMMUNICATION
    Last edited by LordZardoz; 02-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordZardoz View Post
    I still think Overeem has a good chance vs JDS. Even if JDS has serious issues with being hit, he is still a very dangerous striker, and his arsenal of strikes is better than JDS. It also helps that JDS's usual approach to fighting is going to put him at the most risk vs Overeem.
    I'd debate his arsenal of strikes being better. And for a fight that will likely be contested in boxing range, his selection of strikes there is considerably worse.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Who wants to sig bet on this? I got JDS.
    Last edited by RPD; 02-13-2013 at 04:39 PM.

I still think Overeem has a good chance vs JDS. Even if JDS has serious issues with being hit, he is still a very dangerous striker, and his arsenal of strikes is better than JDS. It also helps that JDS's usual approach to fighting is going to put him at the most risk vs Overeem.
    END COMMUNICATION
    I swear - you need to stop reading wikipedia to put together your opinions on fighters.

Overeem is not some incredible striker who has been lighting stuff up in MMA. He's a guy who plods towards people who pose no risk striking to him, clinches, and tries to land "big, slow" shots to end the fight. That won't work with JDS.

Overeem's style is literally tailor-made for a fighter like JDS.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I swear - you need to stop reading wikipedia to put together your opinions on fighters.

Overeem is not some incredible striker who has been lighting stuff up in MMA. He's a guy who plods towards people who pose no risk striking to him, clinches, and tries to land "big, slow" shots to end the fight. That won't work with JDS.

I put more stock in Overeems K1 Gran Prix win than you do. Perhaps more than I ought to. Overeem does more than just throw punches; Overeem also throws leg kicks and he has finished fights with knees. JDS generally only punches his opponents.

Overeem will want to throw punches at JDS just as much as JDS wants to throw punches at Overeem. JDS may have better footwork and superior handspeed, but he is not going to have a big margin of error for getting hit by Overeem. Choosing to stand with Overeem and exchange strikes is going to give Overeem the best possible chance to win.

Compare that to a hypothetical fight against Cain Velasquez or Daniel Cormier. Either fighter will put Overeem on the canvas nearly at will.

After Overeem's fight against Bigfoot, I am not going to claim Overeem should be a favorite over JDS, but I do think that Overeem has a reasonable chance of winning that fight.

END COMMUNICATION

I put more stock in Overeems K1 Gran Prix win than you do. Perhaps more than I ought to. Overeem does more than just throw punches; Overeem also throws leg kicks and he has finished fights with knees. JDS generally only punches his opponents.

Overeem will want to throw punches at JDS just as much as JDS wants to throw punches at Overeem. JDS may have better footwork and superior handspeed, but he is not going to have a big margin of error for getting hit by Overeem. Choosing to stand with Overeem and exchange strikes is going to give Overeem the best possible chance to win.

Compare that to a hypothetical fight against Cain Velasquez or Daniel Cormier. Either fighter will put Overeem on the canvas nearly at will.

After Overeem's fight against Bigfoot, I am not going to claim Overeem should be a favorite over JDS, but I do think that Overeem has a reasonable chance of winning that fight.

END COMMUNICATION
    K-1 does NOT equal MMA.

Since coming back to MMA "all hulked up" - Overeem has done literally jacksh1t against most of his opponents and has looked like garbage. He's DOMINATED the lower ranked people/scrubs he's fought but hasn't shown anything in any of his recent MMA fights that would lead people to believe he's some sort of striking savant.

JDS puts Overeem on the canvas at will imo. He stands an even worse chance against JDS than he did against Bigfoot because JDS isn't going to allow himself to be pushed around for 2 rounds like Bigfoot did.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post

Lol. Bruce Lee is back.

This is an especially funny fight to put together considering their new rankings. I realize the rankings are a sham, but how exactly did Overeem getting knocked out by a guy ranked at the fringe of the top 10 rocket him up to a fight with the #2 HW? I know they're regretting forking all that money over to Overeem now and this is kind of his "last hurrah" before he's either cut or fighting the Shawn Jordans and Ben Rothwells of the division, but I hate that they treat putting fights together that way.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    What wants to sig bet on this? I got JDS.
    don't refer to us as whats
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Us? Multiple personalities?