Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Mendes is a faster more athletic Maynard with better striking, cardio, and submissions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    I already threw a bet at Onion. If he turns it down, then i'll do it. No welching this time!
    i don't like to bet people that come around once a year. that kid was a scrub. i can't even remeber his name.

Mendes is a faster more athletic Maynard with better striking, cardio, and submissions.
    i doubt anyone has a bigger gas tank than guida. ben henderson might be the only guy. chads a great fighter. i'm not saying he sucks. yes chad has the talent to fight guys in his own weight class but guida's going to have at leat 15 pounds on him. guida is bigger and knows how to use that to his advantage. the maynard fight is a bad example.

Quote Originally Posted by Greezy View Post
    i doubt anyone has a bigger gas tank than guida. ben henderson might be the only guy. chads a great fighter. i'm not saying he sucks. yes chad has the talent to fight guys in his own weight class but guida's going to have at leat 15 pounds on him. guida is bigger and knows how to use that to his advantage. the maynard fight is a bad example.
    There's no bloomin' way that Guida is bigger than Mendes in the cage. Mendes is an inch shorter and far more muscled.

It's hard for me to imagine a path to victory for Guida. Mendes has every possible advantage, other than cardio. He's also got 100% career takedown defense, and I don't see Guida being the guy to drag him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    There's no bloomin' way that Guida is bigger than Mendes in the cage. Mendes is an inch shorter and far more muscled.

It's hard for me to imagine a path to victory for Guida. Mendes has every possible advantage, other than cardio. He's also got 100% career takedown defense, and I don't see Guida being the guy to drag him down.
    lets make a sig bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greezy View Post
    lets make a sig bet.
    I think you side-stepping one of his other points. Guida is definitely not as big as Mendes is. Guida looks like he could make 135 at the weigh-ins. Mendes is clearly the bigger fighter.
    Last edited by HugeMMAFan; 02-12-2013 at 05:39 PM.

I'll take the bet Greezy. Onion's too damn slow. I'll stick to the nongay sig if you are willing to do the same

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll take the bet Greezy. Onion's too damn slow. I'll stick to the nongay sig if you are willing to do the same
    Darn, really? I think this is a pretty safe bet if you are picking Mendes.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeMMAFan View Post
    Darn, really? I think this is a pretty safe bet if you are picking Mendes.
    As fun as it would be to give greezy some minority gay love in his sig, I usually don't roll that way.

As fun as it would be to give greezy some minority gay love in his sig, I usually don't roll that way.
    Fair point.

But back to Mendes, I think he might actually cut around from 160-165, if not higher. Guida looked like he didn't need to cut for 145, he just cleaned up his diet.