Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

Default Wrestling dropped from the 2020 Olympics

The IOC executive board decided to retain modern pentathlon the event considered most at risk and remove wrestling instead from its list of 25 core sports."This is a process of renewing and renovating the program for the Olympics," IOC spokesman Mark Adams said. "In the view of the executive board, this was the best program for the Olympic Games in 2020. It's not a case of what's wrong with wrestling, it is what's right with the 25 core sports."

Golf is a core sport of the 2020 Olympics.

Just another reason why the Olympics suck balls. Removing one of the oldest Olympic sports? Really?

http://news.yahoo.com/ioc-drops-wres...6483--oly.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Already a thread in the main forum. It's MMA related enough I suppose.

It's horsecrap though. no doubt about it.

However, word on the street is that the IOC didn't want to include any of the sports currently vying for inclusion (softball, ocean bobsledding or whatever, etc) so they dropped a "powerhouse sport" that would basically be guaranteed to get that spot.

Lots of corruption in the IOC.

Sports Entertainment

The Olympics is just a money grab. Wrestling is one of the most legitimate sports going, but people find it boring. Ratings = dollars = more money for bribes.

Meh, I don't watch it anyway. Only the sprints. Bunch of bullsh1t where people get all national pridey and celebrate the fact their country won gold in some obscure event no one else on Earth plays or gives a sh1t about. I could care less how many medals Canada wins. I don't feel a surge of pride when we win and archery bronze or showjumping gold.