Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PHILIPPOU OUT!! CAMOZZI IN!! Chris Camozzi vs Jacare at UFC on FX 8 in Brazil

I'm excited for this fight, and think Costa is gonna get exposed big time!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/15...ld-card-in-may

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice fight

Also, a good thing to have these guys on the card in case Vitor or Rockhold go out with an injury. I would assume if either guy falls out that Jacare takes the spot
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Philippou has a puncher's chance. Jacare owns him everywhere else.

I'm guessing Jacare beats Costa everywhere. Quick sub for Jacare imo.

I actually think this has the potential to be a tough test for Jacare. Costa has proven difficult to takedown and definitely dangerous on the feet. Kind of what you might expect from a guy to have a chance against Jacare. I still think Jacare mixes it up well enough to get into a clinch and get the fight down, but would not be the least bit shocked if this was a poor showing for him. I'll take Jacare by sub, but not as confident as I would have been against most anyone else.

I actually think that while Costa is definitely a dangerous striker, he's WAY too sloppy of a striker imo. I think Jacare actually wins the standup battle (albeit very briefly) before clinching with the guy and taking him down for a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I actually think that while Costa is definitely a dangerous striker, he's WAY too sloppy of a striker imo. I think Jacare actually wins the standup battle (albeit very briefly) before clinching with the guy and taking him down for a sub.
    See, this wouldn't surprise me either. Jacare is so damn impressive to me, that I wouldn't be surprised if he outboxed him. I think the obvious plan will be to take him down, and if he isn't able to early with decent set ups, I worry about Costa gaining momentum as Jacare fades.

Well, that's definitely a wildcard - but judging from Costa's last fight - I don't think that's likely. I haven't been terribly impressed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Well, that's definitely a wildcard - but judging from Costa's last fight - I don't think that's likely. I haven't been terribly impressed with him.
    I thought part of the problem was more Boetsch not really engaging
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Jacare all the way... I don't see him having much trouble here and Costa is no slouch. Hes a dangerous power striker so i wouldnt count him out but I truly believe Jacare is an elite MW. I think Jacare takes a decision or TKO but for some reason I don't see him getting a sub.