1 2.94%
  • Dragon by even more elusive dec

12 35.29%
  • Leben predicts dragon head flying into 17th row

0 0%
  • Foot predicts front kick and dentures flying into 17th row

1 2.94%
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Boring fight is boring, so no need to dwell there. I personally had the fight 30-29 Hendo, but maybe I missed something when I feel asleep for a couple minutes in round one and two and someone actually did something to win them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When Tim Sylvia gives blood, he declines the syringe, and requests a gun and a bucket.

Cecil Peoples thought Dan won! He's a good judge, right?

My favourite part was Dan being a whiny cunt afterwards. Dude has the least right ever to complain about a decision. He must've forgot that Matt Hume carrying around a sack with "$$$" written on it wasn't turning in a scorecard.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    1)I can definitely feel ya on the Pride stuff. However, I've literally been following MMA since the very first UFC and have really enjoyed the progression.

2)i chalk this up to 2 really seasoned veterans who weren't able to solve the riddle in front of them. People think Dan is so simple, but if that were the case, Machida would have blown his doors off like some silly people thought he would.

3)Pride is my favorite era of MMA, but I absolutely love the state of MMA today. I miss the pomp and circumstance, and the spirit of Pride, but the level of competition has never been better.
    1) Respect..

2) See, i just dont really think Dan is much of a 'puzzle'.. To make an analogy out of it, Dan is like a giant, steep hill you have to climb to conquer. Thing is, you can see the top clearly, its just extremely difficult to top that hill.. While Lyoto is a jungle that you have no idea where youre going with all types of twists/turns/obstacles. Make any sense there? Simply put.. Dan loves to engage in exchanges while Lyoto wants no part of that. With anyone.. Not my type of fighter. Preference is all i suppose..

3) While competition is at an alltime high, is the entertainment value within the fights mirroring that? I miss the grit..

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Man, so much whining. The best part is "but the Honda Center boo'd Lyoto, so all the bull**** I made up must be true!!!1"
    And then this guy pops in to pour a bottle of salt on my wounds. Exactly what i said revealed itself tonight. Dan is a sentimental favorite that the majority of fans will root for over a bicycle fighter like Machida. They booed him on his entrance, booed him on his intro, and booed him out of the building upon winning. The entire building voiced their opinion of Lyoto, which is exactly what ive been pointing out to you the last few days.. You just still to refuse to admit i might be correct because Machida sells more Bad Boy shirts or has a higher buyrate or whatever else.

Tallica.. Anyway you could post a screen shot of the online poll?

^^^

You forgot to put

/END COMMUNICATION

at the end of your novel ... I mean post

I mean, you're still wrong. That whole "sentimental favourite" garbage is still null and void. Machida could've been fighting Josh Koscheck tonight, but if they decked him out in an American flag you'd still get an arena full of intoxicated d-bags to boo Machida cos he's not American.
    アッシュ

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I mean, you're still wrong. That whole "sentimental favourite" garbage is still null and void. Machida could've been fighting Josh Koscheck tonight, but if they decked him out in an American flag you'd still get an arena full of intoxicated d-bags to boo Machida cos he's not American.
    It goes beyond the American patriotism.

By your criteria, every fighter who is American gets the fan's nod/favortism in fights and you and i both know thats not the case.

Ill fully admit American pride is a big part of Dan's schtick.. But not enough to make an entire building boo Lyoto out of the arena. Its his fighting style that turns people off.. While Dan goes out there and wants to engage. Fans, regardless of where theyre from, gravitate toward that style/mentality.

Also, you act like the entire Honda Center is 20 beers deep.. Gimme a break dude..

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    It goes beyond the American patriotism.

By your criteria, every fighter who is American gets the fan's nod/favortism in fights and you and i both know thats not the case.

Ill fully admit American pride is a big part of Dan's schtick.. But not enough to make an entire building boo Lyoto out of the arena. Its his fighting style that turns people off.. While Dan goes out there and wants to engage. Fans, regardless of where theyre from, gravitate toward that style/mentality.

Also, you act like the entire Honda Center is 20 beers deep.. Gimme a break dude..
    I agree with you, even though I didn't see the fight. People want entertainment. Entertainment is not a chess match. It's a monster truck smash em up derby. So as much as I can respect Machida's art, it really is not popular with drunken rednecks ...

oh sh1t, I was trying to agree with you.

Actually I totally get where you're coming from. I have a different opinion and would be happy to watch 5 hour endurance strategy matches, but I know I'm one of a very few.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    While Dan goes out there and wants to engage.

Dan didn't want to engage. He was point fighting, because he thought he had won the fight. His strategy in round 3 and post-fight reaction give this away.

Let me say it again:

Henderson didn't want to try to "engage" Machida. He was point fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    Machida would have blown his doors off like some silly people thought he would.
    Machida did blow his doors off. Dan's only offense was being on top of Machida for 2 minutes after a slip. Other than that, he was neutralized.

As for why he didn't stop Henderson, there's nothing mystical about that either. Henderson refused to engage. To some that's magic.

I suppose if I didn't kill this debate dead long ago I'd ask you to name one time someone working the generic "American hero" gimmick didn't result in a swing of audience support while fighting a dirty foreigner in the US. But yeah, you're probably right, the 10,000 or so people in the audience tonight is a much more accurate gauge of who is more popular than, say, hundreds of thousands of PPV buyers (most of whom are American).
    アッシュ