1 2.94%
  • Dragon by even more elusive dec

12 35.29%
  • Leben predicts dragon head flying into 17th row

0 0%
  • Foot predicts front kick and dentures flying into 17th row

1 2.94%
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

I thought the fight sucked, theres been times i've enjoyed Machidas style but it didnt entertain me this time around. Hendo is to blame as well obviously but yeah, definitely would not of been interested in two more rounds.

The most surprising thing to me was Hendo throwing leg kicks and landing them. Then it was surprising to see Machida tell Helwani that his legs were hurting from the kicks. They looked like they had nothing on them.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I thought the fight was lame. Henderson wasn't trying to do much of anything - Machida was fighting pretty chicken-sh*t (not scared, just chickensh*t) the whole time. Both fighters put on a bad show imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    You put someone in, who says **** it I'll play Lyoto's game, you'll get a 15 min staring contest.
    Or you get Shogun or Jones and just lay the man out

I don't understand all the hate for this fight.

I thought it was by far the best fight on the card.
    The Grice/Bremudez fight was good, but this fight just had so much more skill and strategy.

The gameplans in this fight were well thought out, and executed even better.

So far I have this ranked as the best fight of the year

:)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for this fight.

I thought it was by far the best fight on the card.
    The Grice/Bremudez fight was good, but this fight just had so much more skill and strategy.

The gameplans in this fight were well thought out, and executed even better.

So far I have this ranked as the best fight of the year

:)
    Time to get your medication prescription renewed dude, cause you make no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Time to get your medication prescription renewed dude, cause you make no sense whatsoever.

Machida says he will take another fight to stay active possibly depending on how things go

mmajunkie

After beating Dan Henderson (29-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC) via split decision, Lyoto Machida (19-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC) said he's healthy and could fight in three months.

But the ex-champ is in no rush to meet the winner of an upcoming title bout between champ Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, which takes place in April at UFC 159.

"Let's see what happens in that fight and the timeline that they come up with and if nobody gets injured," Machida on Monday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "A lot of things can happen, but depending on the timing, I could even do another fight at a catch weight or something else to not lose the rhythm."

Machida, who lost his No. 1 contender spot when he turned down a fight with Jones at UFC 152, dodged Henderson's winging punches during their fight, which served as the co-main event of UFC 157 this past Saturday at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

The bout did not go over well with fans, who loudly booed the tactical affair and Machida.

"The Dragon" had actively campaigned for a title shot prior to the event. He also restated a wish to try his hand at middleweight.

Meanwhile, UFC President Dana White confirmed the Henderson fight was a title eliminator, and didn't change his mind afterward despite the chilly reception. But Machida's enthusiasm for a rematch with Jones, who choked him unconscious at UFC 140, appears to have waned.

"It's not just about the belt for me," he said. "Of course, everyone wants to fight for the belt, and I'd like to fight Jon Jones in a rematch, but I want to keep fighting. I want to keep challenging myself, so it's really not just about one thing."

Machida, who lost the light heavyweight title to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 113, expected Henderson to be a crowd favorite in Anaheim, but admitted to being affected by shifting loyalties among fans.

"Sometimes, I do feel bad," he said. "If you're winning, the fans are with you. If you're losing, they're against you. I feel that in the U.S., especially, because it feels like in Brazil, they're going to support you when you're down and when you're up."

Henderson, who lost his spot in line when a knee injury forced him to withdraw from a fight with Jones at the ill-fated UFC 151, said Machida "did a great job of not fighting."

Machida defended his performance as more "efficient" than Henderson, but wished the fight could have been five rounds instead of three.

"It would have been a lot better for my style of fighting," he said. "If you look at the third round after we got back up, I was a lot more comfortable in the fight, and I felt that I could strike a lot more. Henderson was feeling the strikes. So if I had the extra two rounds, it would have been a different story."

Meanwhile, he brushed off Henderson's criticism.

"I think he was just frustrated after the fight," Machida said. "But really, if I didn't fight, then what happened to his face?"
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

"I think he was just frustrated after the fight," Machida said. "But really, if I didn't fight, then what happened to his face?"

hahahahaha.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

hahahahaha.
    Ha, well played.

But goddamn that fight was boring. I think we all should have known it would play out like that, but we all seemed to be hoping to see someone get KOed.

Machida is Barcelona of MMA. Great style when it works and annoying when it doesn't .
    What doesn't kill you only makes you weaker and kills you later.