1 2.94%
  • Dragon by even more elusive dec

12 35.29%
  • Leben predicts dragon head flying into 17th row

0 0%
  • Foot predicts front kick and dentures flying into 17th row

1 2.94%
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Do you also believe they didn't put on fake fights?
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you also believe they didn't put on fake fights?
    One officially that i know of..

Beyond that, no i dont think there were fake fights going on..

That's the Coleman/Takada fight right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Im enjoying a delicious Miller Lite with several black people in attendance right now.
    Several. Love it. I count 3 ... which I believe is technically several

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Let me state it again. Lyoto sucks, why does Dana put up with his stupid "elusive" style? I could stand in the cage and bore people with 15 minutes of non-action too, waiting for the opponent to get impatient. Did no one else notice that his BJJ was all about hugging and waiting for a standup? Not once did he attack off his back. What a joke.

Yeah, pretty sure you would last 15 minutes with Dan Henderson without a scratch.

Return of KO Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    One officially that i know of..

Beyond that, no i dont think there were fake fights going on..
    Colour me not surprised.
    アッシュ

This thread is hilarious. I confess I didn't watch the fight but ...

I am definitely what would be considered a CASUAL fan.

So it's beyond hilarious to see all the hardcore fans here with zero appreciation for defense and skill. Probably the same people who wouldn't know Pernell Whitaker if he ko'd them without a punch. Seems like most people would prefer another Don Frye / Tank Abbott fight where they have to down a dozen shooters between 1 minute rounds and the only legal strikes are headbutts.

Or a couple of women who aren't in the top 250 MMA artists skill wise in a squash event which they consider wildy exciting because the squashee jumped on the squasher's before succumbing to the inevitable.

Some people are ignorant of the technical aspects of fighting. I mean, look at the post you quoted before from the dude that claimed he could go 15 with Dan; that has to be one of the worst posts I've ever read. How is both striking AND grappling beyond the understanding of someone that presumably watches the sport frequently? If someone is only interested in MMA for the Frye/Takayama's then they're going to be disappointed more often than not. I don't love every aspect of MMA nor every fight I see, but I also don't watch the sport in a stupor, angered and mystified by things I don't understand. It appears that some people do though, with all the (usually) unwarranted booing you hear during every event and all the whining here afterwards.
    アッシュ

If I fought Henderson, Hendo would get the fastest KO in MMA history. And I would probably never wake up from that coma.
    Last edited by Mephisto; 02-28-2013 at 04:27 AM.

I'm confident I could beat Dan in tennis.
    アッシュ