1 5.56%
  • Lolita

0 0%
  • Sparticus

1 5.56%
  • The Killing

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have mixed feelings about Kubrick's films. I love A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket, and 2001, but I don't really enjoy any of his other works.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

I never had a problem with it myself; I'm not too crazy about some of his work but others fascinate me like hell. I think this was clearly a guy who got better and better, there are some enthusiasts out there who claim Eyes Wide Shut to be his greatest work and as much as I love The Shining I can't argue with that because it is a masterful piece as well. 2001 so far after two viewings has gone so deeply over my head that I don't know what to make of it.

So Eyes Wide Shut is a good movie?

For some reason I thought it was known as a joke.
    Maybe I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    So Eyes Wide Shut is a good movie?

For some reason I thought it was known as a joke.
    Maybe I'll have to check it out.
    It's a love it or hate it type of movie. I'm in the love it camp. There's a dark and heavy atmosphere to it and I enjoyed the suspense. I also don't mind Tom Cruise in the lead role, which other people hated.

I just don't know if I can handle a Nicole Kidman movie

Yeah, I'm impartial to Eyes Wide Shut, but it's without a doubt a poorly cast movie, at least as far as the leads go.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Not a fan of Eyes Wide Shut myself.

**** the grinning midget and the miniature horse he rode in on. He sucked so bad that Stan died in shame.

Blah I guess nothing changes around here.

Quote Originally Posted by kimura View Post
    Blah I guess nothing changes around here.
    He sucked then, he sucks now. You expect me to suddenly become a fan of the little nutter? His exwife had the right idea to run for her life away from that agitated little ball of craziness.