0 0%
  • Cotton Club

0 0%
  • Rainmaker

0 0%
  • The Conversation

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So hard to pick anything over The Godfather, but I have to choose Apocalypse.

For an obscure film few have seen, check out Tetro.

I had to vote Godfather over Godfather II when I'd really like to call them one long, great film. I never get tired of those two movies.

I dont guess many have seen The Conversation featuring Gene Hackman.

Never cared for Apocalypse Now but Im not big on Vietnam and I hate the Doors so there you go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

I've seen Tetro, The Conversation, I've seen and own a DVD of One from the Heart, I think Mickey Rourke is great in Rumble Fish, I've seen Tucker... It's just that, well, Apocalypse Now just has such a wider over-all examination of its subject. Coppola I think for most of his work has been recognized as a superb visual artist as well as orchestrating the musical world. Probably the greatest actor's director in history? In almost all of these fields Apocalypse Now is superior to all his other works. Surely there are a few performances here and there that don't match up to Al Pacino or Mickey Rourke but I think Martin Sheen's performance for example has always been overlooked.

Just not even a possibility that i could go against The Godfather here.. Part II is an eyelash away as well. Apocalypse Now is jarring and brilliant, but not on par with The Godfather films.

I enjoyed Tetro as well..

Great series of threads Cbear....I voted for the Godfather II which may be my fav movie of all the ones you listed in all of these threads...Twelve Monkies is also right up there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    Great series of threads Cbear....I voted for the Godfather II which may be my fav movie of all the ones you listed in all of these threads...Twelve Monkies is also right up there for me.
    I almost picked 2 over 1, they really are like one movie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    I almost picked 2 over 1, they really are like one movie.
    agree and that was a tough choice for me too. but, what gave two a slight edge for me were the DeNiro flashbacks.