Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Place Beyond the Pines

Blue Valentine was my favorite film of 2010.. And now the same director is putting out his second film. This is my most anticipated film for 2013. In theaters at the end of March, and ill be there opening night!

I've got my expectations at a low so I can be surprised... thought that Bradley Cooper was fantastic in Silver Linings Playbook, I like Gosling as well but this trailer has me a bit worried. I loved Blue Valentine as well. Let's wait and see!

I saw the trailer and thought it looked pretty good. I'll most likely wait for it to come out on video though.

Colour me intrigued......big time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bumping this thread to highlight an incredible let down last night..

Most anticipated release of 2013, and of course, its a f*cking limited release and didnt make it anywhere around me. F*ck Michigan.

On a side note, saw Silver Linings Playbook instead and was blown away.. Best movie ive seen in a long time. Curious now whether Place Beyond the Pines will be as good..

What the hell is going on around here with chick flicks and everyones panties twisted to tight. Like a damn ladies night sipping Manhattens and tittering gossip. Man up dammit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skipped your meds today, grandpa or what's got you all worked up, this is a Godfatheresque crime epic we're talking about here not The Quiet Man. Like I said I kept my expectations at a lowest because I didn't care for the trailer but the two and a half hour drama worked for me I enjoyed it's structure, acting particularly (altough I felt there were a few scenes that felt a little too forced for each Gosling and Cooper in their segments), I like the director's musical choices, reminds me of Tarantino at his best (Jackie Brown).

This is one of the rare films where I loved the action, Gosling robs banks and drives a motorcycle like a maniac, there's a few chase scenes that are absolutely riveting, also a scene where he just takes his bike for a spin in the forrest, it's like Return of the Jedi but feels more real. Which reminds me of giving a special shout-out to Ben Mendelsohn who gave a great performance.

ATroms I loved Silver Linings Playbook as well, a wonderful film one of the top films of '12. Wildly different from this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Bumping this thread to highlight an incredible let down last night..

Most anticipated release of 2013, and of course, its a f*cking limited release and didnt make it anywhere around me. F*ck Michigan.
    Come visit Toronto buddy. I'll take you on a man-date to see it. no homo.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Come visit Toronto buddy. I'll take you on a man-date to see it. no homo.

lol
    Im in dude.. Only if you come down to the city after our romantic dinner/movie date in Toronto to burn it to the ground! Kick Wolf Parade on the speakers, drown in grog all night and light the town and fire!!
    Last edited by ATroms; 04-01-2013 at 09:37 PM.