Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bates Motel

WEREWOLF is offline Forum PRIDE FC Champ, Forum UFC 98 Champ

Default The Bates Motel

When A&E announces a new series I take notice. This one looks interesting. Great premise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

While this looks very cool.. I have the toughest time staying true to these once-per-week movie type shows. I miss my 30-minute sitcoms man.. If it gets the right amount of buzz maybe ill pick it up on dvd though. You going to watch it? Keep me updated on how it is without spoilers

I have to admit, I don't really enjoy A&E's shift in programming the past few years, although it's not as terrible as, say, TLC. It seems like every show on either channel nowadays is about hillbillies or some fortuitous way of making cash.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    While this looks very cool.. I have the toughest time staying true to these once-per-week movie type shows. I miss my 30-minute sitcoms man.. If it gets the right amount of buzz maybe ill pick it up on dvd though. You going to watch it? Keep me updated on how it is without spoilers
    I'll DVR it and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have to admit, I don't really enjoy A&E's shift in programming the past few years, although it's not as terrible as, say, TLC. It seems like every show on either channel nowadays is about hillbillies or some fortuitous way of making cash.
    They're gearing themselves more towards a certain element.

I've watched the first couple of episodes and while the series is holding my interest it could be better.

Bates Motel takes place in the present. Making the series a true prequel and having it take place during the era of Psycho would have been more interesting in my opinion but I see the appeal of a current timeline.

The lead actor who plays Norman Bates is pretty weak IMO. On the flip-side, Vera Fermiga who plays Norman's mother is very good.

The personalities of Norma and Norman and their dynamic should be more extreme. I'm sure in time this will develop. The problem is people don't become sociopaths, they are born that way and Norman should be displaying evidence of those traits now. He is not. As it is Norman is a bit of a mama's boy yet popular with the local girls which I find odd given the actor's nerdy appearance and the standoffish behavior of his character. Right now his character comes off as normal but a little repressed, although he did help his mother dispose of a guy she murdered after raping her so I guess there's hope for him.

The show has a great concept and has the potential of developing into a great series.

Am I the only one watching this show? I'm still on board but the lead actor and his goofy facial expressions are bugging the shi+ out of me.

I love it. So far I've enjoyed it more than I have Hannibal. I actually think Freddie Highmore is perfect casting for young Norman. Oh, and I want to bang Vera Farmiga.

So this has made its way onto the ondemand menu through my cable..

Worth it or what fellas?

Season 2 begins tonight..

Did catch about half of the first season via on demand last fall. I enjoyed what i saw, but nothing special.

Anybody going to watch?